“Best Hampton Experience Yet”

Hampton Inn Middletown
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 30 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn as we visited friends volunteering at WT Farm (about a 20 minutes drive away).

This Hampton looked as if it had been recently renovated. It was decorated in a cozy Andirondak style. The lobby is very inviting - comfortable couches and big screen TV was perfect as we waited for friends.

Everything was very clean - public spaces as well as our room.

There is an outside pool. When we visited, it was too cold to use, but it looked very inviting - tables and chairs situated nearby with lots of pretty potted flowers and plants.

The business center was kept neat. There were two computers and printers and all everything nearby for working.

Breakfast is the typical Hampton - hot and cold items. But a nice touch was the variety of cookies put out every evening.

This Hampton is conveniently located right off Rt. 17 with a Chili's restaurant nearby.

The best part of our hotel stay was the staff. EVERYONE was great and helpful with every question I had. Our car broke down when we arrived, and I needed help finding a local Ford dealership. The front desk took the time while I was on the phone to locate and get directions for the nearest one. I thought I may need to stay another night, and after checking availability, they were willing to extend the special rate if we needed to stay. (We didn't). I would positively stay at this particular Hampton Inn again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swaninthepark

Reviewed 13 October 2009

From the beginning making reservations to checking out was a wonderful experience. The Staff was pleasant and helpful especially Barbra at the front desk. The free breakfast was good every morning that we stayed. The rooms were clean and well kept. The lobby was welcoming and cozy with drinks 24/7. We especially enjoyed being able to have hot chocolate before going to bed. Plus we were right next door to Outback our favorite restaurant. we stayed 3 nights and it was nice and quiet there.
We would stay here again in a heartbeat. We were visiting the Watchtower Farms and Patterson Bethel and it was close to both. It was an ideal location for us.
Nothing bad to say about Hampton Inn in Middletown, NY

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2009

Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable beds and reasonably sized rooms. A good location that is easy off-and-on to Rte 17 and I-84 with a couple restaurants nearby and a mall right around the corner. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We used the Hampton Inn as our home base for four days. We were very happy with the atttention and service we received. Many of our family also stayed at the hotel. The very pleasant meeting space in the lobby was terrific for catching up with relatives and friends. Brewed coffee and tea is available there 24 hrs. There's also a nice area to chat between the lobby and the pool (lots of greenery).
The breakfast buffet was more that sufficient. The staff did a nice job here, keeping everything neet and always replenished. On our last day, after the wedding, the hotel set aside a room for us off the lobby for all of the family to gather. The breakfast staff was helpful here too...always trying to please. One suggestion: would switch from styrofoam to paper. Would be more environmentally friendly.
The public computers were in a small but very useful business center off the lobby. The computers always seemed to be available. I did not use the wireless access but it is available.
The pool was pleasant. Chain restaurants in walking distance (Chili's and TGIF...both good).
Our first room was a bit small. We asked the front desk staff for change and they were happy to accommodate.
All in all, we were very comfortable at the Hampton and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
Other helpful information: if you are planning a wedding, definitely check out Catlin Gardens in Slate HIll. Wonderful experience here. Worth travelling to have wedding here. Great restaurants in area: Bottoms Up in Slate Hill and Limoncello in Goshen.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I was happy that I was able to nab a bargain at this Hampton Inn, which we used as a one night rest stop on the way home back to New England. The desk staff were courteous and friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortably furnished, and a breakfast buffet was included which offered fresh fruit, yougurt, and whole grain cereals in addition to the usual sugary fare. One recommendation is that this hotel enlarge its breakfast seating area to accommodate all of the diners; we had to "stand by" a table in order to obtain one. The outdoor pool area is clean and very nice; pool of a decent size. Umbrellas are also provided with comfy chaise lounges. Well worth the extra 30 or 40 bucks I paid here as opposed to one of the other chains, although it was still about 70 or 80 cheaper than usual. A good spot, and near a huge mall too!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Thank We'reReady!!
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We stayed at this hotel last year in room 400 which was really nice and roomy. It was pleasant and the breakfast was awesome however, something went wrong this next time around. We were in a tiny room which was dark and just didn't have that clean feel to it...it looked clean but maybe the size of the room being so small made it unpleasant. I had my little 18 months old with me and requested a blanket for her but they told me something about liability and they wouldn't want anything to happen so they can only give me a bed sheet?? Well at least it was clean. I was confused but ok I folded it up and used it as a blanket. The good news is their bed was so so comfy we all slept through the night. The pool is really cool because it's heated! The breakfast was nice too with a lot of choices however the eggs were not that great. I would recommend you stay here if you're in the Hudson valley because out of the 7 other hotels, this is probably your best choice. Helpful hint: I was told by a staff member that the end rooms are a little bigger than the others so I would suggest requesting an end room. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Very nice, very clean, comfortable, excellent hot breakfast, nice people. Very happy for our 3 day stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Middletown
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown

Been to Hampton Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!