“Can't get any closer to Cooperstown Dreams Park”

Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milford
Tampa, Florida
“Can't get any closer to Cooperstown Dreams Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was unsure that I would be happy staying outside of the village of Cooperstown, but it worked out great! This is a quiet hotel plopped in the middle of a farm. My view was a field, barn and silo. You can see the lights from the Dreams Park baseball fields just over the trees on the other side of the field. You can even hear the crack of the bat and the cheers of the crowd through your open window.

The front desk staff was welcoming and cheerful. Breakfast was typical and the coffee was very good. Each room had a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator. I never used my machine as they seemed to always have fresh coffee in the lobby. There were cookies and apples available in the lobby as well.

The workout room was nice and had everything I needed. The indoor pool was small and a few times too dirty to swim in. The whirlpool is not working, and I see by the reviews it hasn't for several months, apparently. There were BBQ grills available for use outside, and the staff was very tolerant of team families meeting and eating in the lobby in the evening, which is nice.

As this was my home for the week, I was happy with the room size. My only complaint was the cleanliness of the rooms. They were more straightened and lightly wiped down than actually cleaned. Previous guest's pink soap residue was never cleaned off the corner of the bathtub for my entire stay. The microwave still had last week's (or before?) food droppings left on inside and on the counter. I asked to have it cleaned, and most of it was removed, but not all of it. The floors are not cleaned behind furniture of under the beds. The people who stayed in the room before me left a nice trail of wrappers and food bits.

I understand this hotel is in the middle of practically no-where and it must be difficult to find help. With this in mind, the towels were changed every day. The beds were more-or-less straightened every day. That's about it. The middle of the floor was probably vacuumed. It was adequate...as if my teenage daughter was told to clean her room.

The location is great, the staff was all very nice. For the same rate you could rent a house in the area, but we appreciated the breakfast, workout room, fresh towels, and location.

There are washers and dryers in the game room, all at $2.00 a load that seemed to work ok. All in all, I would stay here again. You can't beat coming "home" between games to recharge your batteries.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook a serene farm view. Even numbers face the parking lot. I recommend the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MySheWasYar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for three nights with a group of friends. Staff, especially GM Stacia were EXTREMELY helpful and accommodating. Made our stay feel "like home." Spacious rooms, clean, great breakfast with plenty of food and choices. Hot beverages were available 24 hrs. Pretty countryside surroundings and conveniently close to tourist sites in Cooperstown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lydsr52
Albany, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Yes, the staff is friendly and this is an attractive hotel. The management is poor however, and the staff needs training. Our room was not cleaned at all during our two-night stay. The ice maker on the first floor was not working. The swimming pool was dirty, and the hot tub's whirlpool jets are broken. Things that should have been anticipated based on the hotel's occupancy were not. (How can you run out of cream for coffee two nights in a row? Breakfast food?) The staff at the front desk has only one computer terminal. This makes the process of checking in and out unreasonably slow. We even had a stranger wander into our locked room at 5:00 in the evening using "his" key! When we inquired about this intrusion, we were told the staff thought we had checked out.

2 Thank winewiththat
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

Travellers are raving about these Milford hotels

Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Clean rooms, courteous staff, decent breakfast. Would stay there again on the next trip too Cooperstown. Didn't have time to use the pool or gym to comment on those. Did have minor issue with some noise in the shower pipes (air bleed) and the GFCI plug in the bathroom was tripped and couldn't be reset in the room, so the hair dryer didn't work, but not a huge deal for me.

Room Tip: If rooms with view of the hills behind the hotel were available, I would ask for one of those, reall...
2 Thank Michael O
Falmouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Although the title says it all we arrived and the woman who checked us in was very nice suggesting a spot for dinner but then it deteriorated. Our toilet chain broke and it took several hours for someone - Mike I think to come. He then showed us how to flush slowly. My husband and I each had to lift up the tank and fix it multiple times during our stay. To top it off the next day they put new towels in the room but never made the beds or picked up a used towel on the floor where the beds were. For $100+ a night I expect better.

Breakfast was typical for this type of accommodation nothing special I would not return and if this was my first stay at a Country Inn I would not return. Very disappointed.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ello4977
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites standards.
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We recently stayed here with another family. This was our second trip to C-town in 3 years, and our first stay at the Country Inns. The front desk staff is VERY friendly and accomodating, and our room was spacious and clean.

We had some problems with the plumbing in our room and with getting our room cleaned, but the manager gave us 20% off our bill, which we were very appreciative of.

We got the feeling that they were understaffed, even though it was only April and the busy season has not yet begun. It seemed like there just were not enough people to get the rooms clean or keep an eye on things - papertowels out in the bathroom, running out of food for breakfast (we had to ask in the kitchen for refills, someone else had to ask for more plates), vacumming the hallways/elevator.

I would recommend hiring someone whose main job is quality control, and keeping an eye on the little details, which end up being the difference between average and excellent.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The staff here are wonderful. They are friendly, helpful and gracious. The facilities are OK. Our room was very clean. I used lysol wipes over all the hard surfaces and the wipes came up clean (I do this as we have had a norovirus issue in the past). Overall, a lovely experience.

Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#11 of 16 in Cooperstown
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#1 of 9 in Oneonta

Been to Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!