“Very Nice Afternoon”

and up
Millbrook Vineyards & Winery Portfolio Wine Tasting
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Millbrook
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited Millbrook Vineyards and took the tour which included a wine tasting. The tour started outside showing us the grapes. We then went inside where the guide walked us through the winemaking process. He was thorough and knowledgable. We then went to the wine tasting. Again, the guide was knowledgable about the wines, all of which were quite good. We had a very nice time and it was a real bargain at only $11.00.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Started with a nice tasting. Luckily the room didn't have many people not tasting, otherwise it is hard to hear the presentation while others are chatting. They appeared to be serving food during the afternoon, but for some reason the grill closed for awhile when I went to get food and then reopened later - a pain. They ran out of some food items quickly. You would have thought it was the first week they were doing this. The food wasn't very good, they should get a new caterer. The jazz was marginal as well, for the $12.50 cover. Luckily the Hudson Valley wine continues to improve. It was a nice time, but could be much better run.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

For my birthday, my friend treated me to a night at the Millbrook Winery - a night in which they were holding one of the scheduled jazz and wine concerts. The weather was spectacular, the scenery was breathtaking, the wine (we had the Country Red) was enjoyable - but have had better, the 'jazz' band was more of a old time blues band - and the members certainly did show there love for the music and had a good time doing so, but I was looking forward to hearing some good jazz music, and lastly, the food wasn't anything I'd have again. For what my friend paid for us to get into the concert, plus what she paid for our meals (and I treated for the bottle of wine) - I would have expected something a lot better. The website states you can't bring in any outside food or drinks, but I did see some picnic baskets around us - and would chance doing it myself, if I ever dared to go back.

1  Thank Tracy H
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stopped here yesterday after doing the Rhinebeck Antiques Fair and the Mills Mansion in Staatsburg. It's a very nice place set up on a hill overlooking the vineyards. We did a tour and tasting for about $11.00 which included a wine glass when you are finished. The wines are average not fantastic and in my opinion a but pricey but I understand this is a small operation and they have to charge more. We were giving a tasting sheet with notes and also the price of each bottle. After the tour we went back to the sales room to purchase a few bottles but found the prices down there higher than what was quoted on the sheet. That made us feel a bit put off. We did not purchase any wine. The tasting note and price sheet should have been updated to reflect the price increase.

1  Thank javaandjazz
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'm not an oenophile so I don't feel qualified to review the wines in depth. We took the standard tour and tried 3 whites one rose and one red. The whites were passable but the rose and reds were not very good. They do offer a "reserve tasting for an additional cost which I assume are superior.
The setting is beautiful and makes a nice day trip from the city.

1  Thank lyonphoto_123