“Terrible Experience”

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Beautiful location but unfortunately had no chance to try their NY Pinot Noir. Just MAKE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW if you would like to go because, as they state on their website, they do not offer "proletariat polka" which is quite intimidating and unfriendly.

It happened to me not to see their sign stating "by appointment only" as I was focusing more on the steep narrow graveled trail leading up the hill. I stopped by, didn't see anybody and turned back taking a quick foto of the beautiful views from upthere. Sadly I had an unpleasant quick confrontation with somebody (I guess the owner) that yelled at me "you better leave now" while I was trying to understand if they were open/closed or whatsoever. Never mind. There are better Pinot Noir's elsewhere and for sure better attitudes when receiving strangers or foreigners in Wineries or Estates.

Visited October 2013
8 Thank sampelle

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One of a kind wine tasting experience!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I happened upon Oak Summit by accident, via a Google search of wineries in the area. Settled upon it because I called, spoke to John Bruno who sounded fun, and thought why not?! My boyfriend and i were skeptical driving up the winding dirt road to the winery, but when we reached the top, it was breathtaking! The view was amazing, the tour with John was delightful and the tasting, with John and his wife Nancy, was one of a kind. Phenomenal experience! Cannot wait to return.

Visited October 2012