“An A-Whole will greet you.”

Oak Summit Vineyard
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An A-Whole will greet you.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Do not go to this vineyard. It is not worth it with all the wines that are available from NY and the world. Never thought a person at a winery could be so rude and borderline assault my wife and myself.
We too drove up the steep hill, to check out the winery... Maybe buy a bottle or two. Mind you it is by appointment only. But given that I have been to Sonoma, Napa , Long Island winery's and many more that by also appointment only, the people who work there were always friendly and apologized for not being able to welcome us. And often offers us to take a self guild tour since we were already there.
The person (A-Whole) who came out of the beautiful "home"at Oak Summit grabbed my arm and told me I had to leave NOW! He pushed both my wife and me. Whan I told him not to touch me. Because I would interpit his grabbing my arm and pushing me as if he was assaulting me, he let go, and walked us to our car and watched as we drove away.
So that other will know who I am talking about ...He was a relatively tall man between 55 to 65 years old with gray hair and a gray beard. He should be fired ! Or better yet get out of the business! Do not go to this vineyard it is not worth it, with all the wines that are available in NY and the world.

Visited July 2014
8 Thank Davidsnowbird

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Beautiful location but unfortunately had no chance to try their NY Pinot Noir. Just MAKE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW if you would like to go because, as they state on their website, they do not offer "proletariat polka" which is quite intimidating and unfriendly.

It happened to me not to see their sign stating "by appointment only" as I was focusing more on the steep narrow graveled trail leading up the hill. I stopped by, didn't see anybody and turned back taking a quick foto of the beautiful views from upthere. Sadly I had an unpleasant quick confrontation with somebody (I guess the owner) that yelled at me "you better leave now" while I was trying to understand if they were open/closed or whatsoever. Never mind. There are better Pinot Noir's elsewhere and for sure better attitudes when receiving strangers or foreigners in Wineries or Estates.

Visited October 2013
8 Thank sampelle
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One of a kind wine tasting experience!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I happened upon Oak Summit by accident, via a Google search of wineries in the area. Settled upon it because I called, spoke to John Bruno who sounded fun, and thought why not?! My boyfriend and i were skeptical driving up the winding dirt road to the winery, but when we reached the top, it was breathtaking! The view was amazing, the tour with John was delightful and the tasting, with John and his wife Nancy, was one of a kind. Phenomenal experience! Cannot wait to return.

Visited October 2012