“Don't go!”
Review of Cottonwood Motel

Cottonwood Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Millbrook
Cottonwood Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Millbrook
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is the second time I stayed at the Cottonwood, unfortunately the only place in Millbrook, NY. The rooms are large and they attempt to keep them clean, but some things are just not fixable.
I had hoped that there was some improvement from last year but for $185.00 a night I'd rather camp in a tent on the property.
Everything is just old, tired and in total disrepair. The paint and wallpaper are peeling, the bed sheet on our bed had a 5 in tear in it. The spreads are old and have been washed so much the cotton underside is gray not white.
None of the lights worked properly, we had to go request bulbs just to see. The bathroom light fixture on the ceiling was totally off exposing the "guts" of the ceiling. (found the actual fixture under the vanity) They provide no hair dryers, and the toilet seat was old and stained.
Overall, this place needs to be torn down and totally rebuilt. I won't go back!

Room Tip: Don't bother!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sue J

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I just stayed at the Cottonwood for a 4th time in a year and a half. I have always enjoyed the accommodations --- clean, quiet and reasonable. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I selected this Motel because it was so close to Ten Mile River Preserve and we were there to shoot the Zone 1. I read every review and saw that there was some that were not favorable and got concerned. I made my reservation with Michele and let her know about my concerns. She assured me the rooms were fine. I made reservations for (4) rooms and they all were great. Sue and Laurie were helpful and to be right up front one night we sat in front of the hotel in the parking lot and had a great conversation with everyone that worked there and with other guest. This place is great and the people are great! I travel a lot and I can't remember the last time the Manager spent so much time talking with us.

Keep up the good work you guys!

Room Tip: Talk to Michele. Room 7 is very nice!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank MJD71454
Reviewed 12 July 2011

we just wanted to get away for a weekend so we ended up staying at the cottonwood .it was a great place for us quiet,clean ,all the staff was very nice to both of us .they also allowed our dog it was a great weekend .we will stay there again if we need to get away

Room Tip: deluxe rm jacuzzi was great
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bulldog018
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Four of us (each in separate rooms) stayed three nights.

For a little over $100 per night, it was just fine. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly. Given the price, I rated this place as Very Good.

Each room has a large windowed back door that leads to an out side sitting area that looks over looks a very large field. It's a great place to sit, have a drink and let the World pass you by.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken41662
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Not wanting to shell out $400 a night for one of the local B&Bs, I opted for the Cottonwood knowing it wouldn't be luxurious but expecting a decent place to lay my head at night. Unfortunately, I found the experience to be extremely disappointing despite my low expectations... To begin with, the person I spoke with to book the reservation was terse and not very warm or welcoming. I felt as if I were intruding on her day. Upon arrival at the property and during my 2-day stay, I did not encounter a single staff member who didn't seem put-out, put-upon or downright rude. Most of the time, they seemed more concerned with sitting outside the front door smoking than taking care of their guests. My room smelled like damp, mold and stale cigarettes, and I had to get rid of 5 spiders before I could take a shower. The furniture was old and banged up, there were no closet doors, and the carpet was stained. The French doors didn't lock properly, there was no alarm clock, and the flimsy door locks provided no sense of security. All in all, not a fun experience and I certainly will not be back and will not be recommending the property. In fact, I suggested to the organization that brought me to the area that they remove the Cottonwood from their list of "recommended" hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank KSC78
Reviewed 5 October 2010

There are not a lot of places to stay out in this area and the Cottonwood allows pets. The room was pretty clean, but smelled like cat pee. I'm a pet owner, but I couldn't live in a home that smelled like cat pee. Once I got passed the smell, I notice a nice big room with two queen beds and a patio directly off of the room. This patio is perfect if you have a dog traveling with you. The decorative comforter had several nasty stains and a blood stain. The sheets and the mattress pad were clean so I just threw the nasty blanket on the floor. We just came back from India, so we weren't that offended by the dirty blanket. In India, everything is dirty!!!! The hottub in our room worked well and was nice after a long travel. There is no fridge and no microwave in the room. That would have been nice. I thought the price was steep..............It was a little over $300 for just two nights. For that, I would expect a microwave and fridge or at least some fruit and toast out for breakfast in the morning. They did welcome my dog and that gets them far in my book. Would I recommend this place to someone staying with a pet? Yes! If you are at all squeamish about what you might find, then I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LUVABULL78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrook
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Millbrook Country House
Millbrook Country House
#4 of 4 in Millbrook

Been to Cottonwood Motel? Share your experiences!