“Could Do Better”
Review of Cottonwood Motel

Cottonwood Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Millbrook
Cottonwood Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Millbrook
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The wife and I booked their deluxe room that had two queen beds and a jacuzzi in the bedroom itself (rather odd, but convenient as it was right next to the bed) that initially was rather musty smelling for a discounted price of only $125.00 per night in lieu of $165.00 Once the heat was turned up and the tub filled, a glass of wine eased the disappointment over an old CRT style television that was too small and too far away from the beds to be easily seen. But we were NOT there for television watching! The jacuzzi was a blast and made up for the lack of even a continental breakfast the next morning. A coffee maker in the room is also a much needed amenity. Also a small refrigerator is needed IF one were to pay the full price.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayneofwassaic

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Upon approaching the Cottonwood Motel it appears to be rather quaint. Upon entering our room you just didn’t want to touch anything. It was a large room with two what looked like queen beds and we asked for a king. The rug was dirty, the chairs had stains, the bedspreads had stains and some bleached out stains and for some ungodly reason they put a small, dirty throw pillow on each bed. You didn’t even want to put your luggage on anything in the room.

There was a hot tub in the room and this looked clean and the bathroom looked clean but when you lifted up the toilet seat cover, there was a piece of the wood from the lid missing.

We went to check the double doors to the outside and the door only locked by one small little peg at the bottom of the doors. There were written instructions taped to the door on how to lock the door but no matter how many times you tried it wouldn’t work.

We checked out of there wasting no time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HonestEvaluatorGal
Reviewed 8 August 2013

They care more about returning the tv remote when you check out then the cleanses of the rooms. Towels were dirty. I had to move a bed to get to the plug to charge my phone it was disgusting. Room smelled and bedding was gross The closet did not even have a door and no iron in the room. Free coffee in the am in no decaf.
When I complained they said I was paying for the town. I would rather drive 14 more miles than stay here again GPS does not pick up address so you drive pass it.

Room Tip: I was in the deluxe so I have advise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Deb62013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Spent a recent Friday evening at the Cottonwood. Have been in the same room before and was pleased to find that the comforters and pillows had been updated. It was so very quiet. Beautiful view out back -- see photo. I will be back when in the Millbrook area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Preston1884
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is the second time I stayed at the Cottonwood, unfortunately the only place in Millbrook, NY. The rooms are large and they attempt to keep them clean, but some things are just not fixable.
I had hoped that there was some improvement from last year but for $185.00 a night I'd rather camp in a tent on the property.
Everything is just old, tired and in total disrepair. The paint and wallpaper are peeling, the bed sheet on our bed had a 5 in tear in it. The spreads are old and have been washed so much the cotton underside is gray not white.
None of the lights worked properly, we had to go request bulbs just to see. The bathroom light fixture on the ceiling was totally off exposing the "guts" of the ceiling. (found the actual fixture under the vanity) They provide no hair dryers, and the toilet seat was old and stained.
Overall, this place needs to be torn down and totally rebuilt. I won't go back!

Room Tip: Don't bother!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sue J
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I just stayed at the Cottonwood for a 4th time in a year and a half. I have always enjoyed the accommodations --- clean, quiet and reasonable. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I selected this Motel because it was so close to Ten Mile River Preserve and we were there to shoot the Zone 1. I read every review and saw that there was some that were not favorable and got concerned. I made my reservation with Michele and let her know about my concerns. She assured me the rooms were fine. I made reservations for (4) rooms and they all were great. Sue and Laurie were helpful and to be right up front one night we sat in front of the hotel in the parking lot and had a great conversation with everyone that worked there and with other guest. This place is great and the people are great! I travel a lot and I can't remember the last time the Manager spent so much time talking with us.

Keep up the good work you guys!

Room Tip: Talk to Michele. Room 7 is very nice!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank MJD71454
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrook
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
#1 of 1 in Salisbury
Millbrook Country House
Millbrook Country House
#3 of 4 in Millbrook

Been to Cottonwood Motel? Share your experiences!