“Shabby Chic, Comfortable and Nice”
Review of Manna Dew Cafe

Manna Dew Cafe
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Millerton
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 518-789-3500
Chatham, New York
“Shabby Chic, Comfortable and Nice”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Driving down from Connecticut along the route 7 corridor, a beautiful drive on a gorgeous day, I was heading West and looking for a place to dine outside. As I approached the Village of Millerton, I noticed three dining options: one a dark looking tapas place that people outside raved about, another a lovely Colonial B&B that was serving dinner on their outside porch, and then there was Manna Dew Café, with a few street-side tables that looked like the choice of the day for me. I didn't want 'dark', and I didn't want 'stodgy formal', so Manna Dew was perfect.
As it turned out, it was a good choice. The server was welcoming and professional, the menu looked inviting.
I chose a salmon dish that could be ordered for $27.00 (not inexpensive!) or for $32+/- with an appetizer. I opted out of the appetizer. The salmon was 'ok', not sure exactly what kind, but not my favorite variety. However, it was served with a very good (light)sauce, with wild rice and a mix of very good, fresh vegetables including asparagus, carrots, broccoli and some others I couldn't identify but tasted good. I wished the bread was better as the butter tasted farm churned. I had a nice glass of white Bordeaux which went well with the meal ($11.00) and I overheard the waiter say they offer 1/2 glasses of wine, a great idea for those who want a touch more, but not too much if they need to drive. Overall, it was a pleasant dinner, next time I might try the dark tapas place, especially if it's a cool day and the sun doesn't beckon.

• Visited June 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Comfortable bar, was more than I expected”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Have heard about Manna Dew for years but never found it open when I was in the area. Finally hit it on a Monday afternoon when many of the area's restaurants are closed. We were only looking for a quiet place for a glass of wine but we found it and so much more. The bar room was small, but comfortable and eclectic. The beer selections were out of the ordinary (more than the de rigeur IPA) and the wines by the glass were of good quality and appropriate price. Hope to get back to try the menu soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank dixonconsultinginc
Cape Coral, Florida
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We've been to Mana Dew many times and are never disappointed with the menus or the quality of the food.

Not the cheapest restaurant in the area, but nevertheless excellent value for what you receive. Probably one of the the best places around for dinner. Staff are very professional and friendly.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank CliveAntler
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to know about”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We often stop there for dinner after picking up visitors from the Wassaic station. It's a cosy little place, with imaginative, thoughtful food. You get the feeling that the chef cares about what he puts in front of you. The salads are especially creative.

1 Thank neiljeffrey
new york
“After Catamount”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are looking for a great post ski trip restaurant, this is the one. We stuck with the price fix menu which was an amazing value. 3 courses for $30. I had the salmon and it was the freshest piece of fish I've had in a restaurant in a while. The sauce that accompanied was delicious too. The portions are generous as well. We all loved the vegetables - which were beautifully presented, and crisp. My husband had the ribs which were falling off the bone. Desserts were also spectacular and homemade.

• Visited February 2014