No. 9 Restaurant & Inn
  • Free Internet
Silvanus Lodge(Hillsdale)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$92
Days Inn Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$122
Monument Mountain Motel(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$78
Fairfield Inn & Suites Great Barrington Lenox/Berkshires(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$161
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington(Great Barrington)(Great Value!)
US$78
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I chose Simmonds Way because it was a close location to my daughter who had been working in America for 3 months and I have to say I am really glad I did!. Jay and Martha Reynolds made us feel really welcome at their beautiful home.
If you want to experience a warm, homely atmosphere, this is a fantastic place to stay.
Breakfast was tasty and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
Millerton is a lovely place to stay made all the better by the friendliness of Jay and Martha.
I hope to return one day in the future.
P.S. Their dog is calm and quiet and the cat does not belong to them!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked lovely
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Simmons' Way. It was a wonderful location with restaurants and shopping within walking distance, and breathtaking drives and day trips in the surrounding area. The house was impressive; our room was comfortable; dinner in the adjacent restaurant was creative; and breakfast was very nice. There were a few things that would have made the stay better, considering the $200 per night price tag. A smell permeates the entire downstairs. The owners are probably so used to it they don't notice; however, it almost gagged us. We think it might be caused by the lack of a good exhaust fan in the adjoining restaurant, because a lingering food smell is part of it. Additionally, you check-in in an area that looks horribly cluttered and unkempt. When I saw it, I feared I'd made a huge mistake booking these accommodations. Fortunately, that was not the case. But a thorough cleaning and some decor in the office would help with first impressions. Finally, we came for breakfast at the designated time and waited (and waited and waited and waited). While we weren't in a rush, we did have plans, and it was a little odd. Despite these few concerns, I do recommend Simmons' Way for anyone who enjoys a B&B experience. The owners are pleasant; the house is wonderful; and that area of the country is beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rowednrode
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Simmon's Way Village Inn on a recent Saturday night. Both the location and rooms are very nice. However, we were made to feel very unwelcome. We arrived around 11 pm on Saturday night -- later than we had agreed. And because I hadn't brought their phone number with me, we failed to call them to tell them that we would be late. The proprietor seemed a bit miffed when we arrived, and we apologized. We were told breakfast was between 8:30 and 9:30 am the next day. We arrived for breakfast at 9 am and were told by the proprietors that they had just eaten all the pancakes, so there was none available for us. We could only have eggs and toast. While we waited, we eventually figured out on our own that we needed to serve ourselves our own coffee and tea. The eggs were very nice. But overall we did not feel welcome. In fact, they made us feel like we couldn't leave soon enough. But at a cost of over $200 per night, we expected to be treated better. Perhaps given its location they can afford to be unfriendly because people will come anyway? Or perhaps they wanted to punish us for arriving late the night before? Either way, the negativity from the owners ruined what otherwise could have been a nice experience for us.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TravelerNY100
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We really liked this place. It's clean, roomy, bright, and the hosts are lovely. They made us breakfast in the morning, and it was delicious. They are located across the street from a wonderful restaurant (can't remember the name, but they'll tell you) that was pricy but just as good as anything in NYC. The bathroom in our room was a bit small, but it wasn't a big deal. This is a quintessential country inn, with quilts, curtains, bed skirts, etc. If you like that kind of thing, you'll be right at home here. My one issue is that there is a cat and dog, and I'm horribly allergic to cats. Other than that, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElizaP212
Reviewed 24 July 2007

What a charming place to lay your head, enjoy a cocktail on the front porch, meet other guests, and dine! Jay and Martha are simply wonderful. They are extremely helpful and obliging as well as making you feel like you are part of their family. The rooms are very lovely and the common areas are just like home (but much nicer). Cannot wait to go back when I return to the area.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank timetogonow