“Love the Spa!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love the Spa!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I've never actually stayed here, but I visit the spa every few months. It is the best spa experience in the area. From the complimentary sauna/steam room with purchase of a service to the quiet massage rooms, it is true relaxing bliss.

I would've given an "Excellent" rating, but the robes are thin and not very comfortable. Please purchase thicker robes!

Visited March 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

While the view and tranquility of the hidden spa seem ideal for a relaxing massage or facial treatment...the technician was anything but...I have had many facials and as a girls day out my friend and I decided to give the "country" a chance. My facial treatment itself was mediocre and too pricy but overall the technician talked the entire time. Not very relaxing. The city may be noisier and not have the country backdrop but the interior is an oasis not a gabfest!!!

3 Thank NUYORKA2007
Brookline, Massachusetts
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Treat yourself to this wonderful spa”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was ready for a great spa experience, and the Buttermilk Spa delivered. I chose a Buttermilk Bliss Body treatment and the Buttermilk Signature which I completely enjoyed. My only disappointment was the Space Pedicure. When it was all done, I asked about the paraffin treatment which was omitted. I got some strange answer for why it wasn't done.
The Spa building is beautiful and relaxing. The complimentary tea and snacks make it possible to spend hours relaxing. The pool and saunas were a treat .

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“A tranquil oasis”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Buttermilk Spa is wonderful the minute you walk in and find delicious hot teas and a beautiful tray of fresh citrus fruit to welcome you. The staff is helpful, upbeat and courteous. You continue into the main spa area, where a lovely pool looks out onto an unbelievable view of the Hudson River. The pool is flanked by steam rooms and saunas. As if that were not enough, the treatments are well priced and professionally executed. The detail goes unattended.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marci B
Short Hills, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“How Can One Spa Attract All the Best Staff?”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Thanks to Roberta- beautiful on the inside and outside for her customer friendly service and going above and beyond to make our visit to the spa memorable.
To Heidi- the best massage therapist I have ever had the pleasure of spending an hour with. The pool with the generated waves was fun and a different pool feeling. Not the most luxorius spa I have ever been to - just the best!

Visited November 2012