“Worth the day trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nyack, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth the day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Drove up to the country for a Mother's spa day. The scenery is beautiful, Henry's restaurant on the grounds is delicious and quaint, and the staff were all friendly. We all enjoyed our services. My sister particularly loved her male LMT he was professional and knowledgable.

The only thing I was not thrilled with is that the spa was so busy being Mother's Day weekend and bachelorette parties were there too, we had no place to sit for a very long time. We had to sit by the pool on mats until someone finally gave up their seats for their treatment. Also, there is only 1 bathroom (toilet) per gender and only 1 shower. I had to wait for a line of women to finish their shower before I could get in.
If you're prepared with that fact, it should go smoothly.
There was a pool shower if you don't mind just rinsing off instead of a full shower.
All in all, i was happy and I will return.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kyle V

New Paltz, New York
“Perfect getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Absolutely amazing experience! My friends and I had the most relaxing time lounging by the pool and soaking up some sun (while also sipping on champagne and snacking on hummus and cheese platters all day LOL). I had the best massage and facial ever by Nicole! Also the manager Jenny was very attentive and went out of her way to make sure we had an amazing experience! We will be returning again soon!! Thank you for a much needed spa day!

Visited November 2013
New Windsor, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love the Spa!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I've never actually stayed here, but I visit the spa every few months. It is the best spa experience in the area. From the complimentary sauna/steam room with purchase of a service to the quiet massage rooms, it is true relaxing bliss.

I would've given an "Excellent" rating, but the robes are thin and not very comfortable. Please purchase thicker robes!

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

While the view and tranquility of the hidden spa seem ideal for a relaxing massage or facial treatment...the technician was anything but...I have had many facials and as a girls day out my friend and I decided to give the "country" a chance. My facial treatment itself was mediocre and too pricy but overall the technician talked the entire time. Not very relaxing. The city may be noisier and not have the country backdrop but the interior is an oasis not a gabfest!!!

3 Thank NUYORKA2007
Brookline, Massachusetts
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Treat yourself to this wonderful spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was ready for a great spa experience, and the Buttermilk Spa delivered. I chose a Buttermilk Bliss Body treatment and the Buttermilk Signature which I completely enjoyed. My only disappointment was the Space Pedicure. When it was all done, I asked about the paraffin treatment which was omitted. I got some strange answer for why it wasn't done.
The Spa building is beautiful and relaxing. The complimentary tea and snacks make it possible to spend hours relaxing. The pool and saunas were a treat .

Visited February 2013