my husband and i have just returned from a weekend at buttermilk falls. we went for some needed time away from the kids and to celebrate my 40th birthday! we had the most relaxing time. the inn was just what we needed - the grounds are beautiful, the room was very comfortable and the breakfasts were amazing. the breakfasts were the best i've ever had at a b&b - abundant and delicious. the dinner at henry's was very good too although there was a large group there so they ran out of three of the entrees, including the scallops which was what i wanted. oh well, the pork loin was delicious. my only complaints are that our room had a balcony that badly needed sweeping - there were dead leaves and cobwebs all around. the walkway outside our room also needed sweeping. the bed was very comfortable but i would have liked crisper sheets. these are both minor compared to the overall experience but worth pointing out. also, i guess the inn doesn't want to ban small children, but there were a few kids that were a bit noisy, as kids will be, at the mealtimes. just to keep in mind in case you want a completely sans kids vacation. finally, the spa was very nice. i had a massage, which was very good and the pool had a beautiful view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 75 acres overlooking the Hudson River. Cascading waterfalls, swan ponds, organic gardens, fresh gourmet breakfasts, eco-friendly spa with pool, sauna and steam room. Rooms with private fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buttermilk Falls Hotel Milton
- Buttermilk Falls Inn And Spa