“The lake is beautiful but the lodge is terrible and overpriced”
Review of Arrow Park

and 1 more site!
Arrow Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Monroe B&B and Inns
Beijing
“The lake is beautiful but the lodge is terrible and overpriced”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We (I and my son) spent 3 nights in the Arrow Park and had a room with two twin sized beds. The room is too small faceing the parking lot. One day, in the early morning from 2 am, a car of the B&B came in and out for about 5 times. We could not sleep well due to the noise. Besides, the shower in our bath room didn't work for last two nights, we could only used the shared bath room. As we had a very tight schedule during our stay, I could not take too much time to find the manager to fix the shower. Then, when leaving the hotel, I told her about the problem and asked her to reduce the price of our room as the one with shared bath room. She said she would ask the engineer to see what was wrong with the shower and would reply to our request. However, after then, I just received the fully charged bill from the B&B. The total price is over $620 including tax for living in such terrible twin bed room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Novellali
Carol D, General Manager at Arrow Park, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We take every review to heart and we hear you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
bklyn
Reviewed 7 August 2013

As we drove down the stunning tree lined entrance we both were excited about our stay. It was like being transported back in time. The lodge was built in 1909 and was full of old world charm. I loved that there were no phones, clocks or televisions. We were able to spend our time talking and enjoying each others company. My husband and I had a lake view king suite. The room was very inviting and comfortable. It had a charming fireplace with original tiles and French doors that opened out to a fantastic view of the lake. My favorite room was the enchanting sun porch with floor to ceiling windows and great views. The lake was pretty, the trails were nice and there was lots to do near by. We visited Woodbury commons shopping, saw a movie at a drive in at Warwick, and visited Stony Point Battlefield and Lighthouse. Stony Point had great history and fantastic grounds and views. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Donna M
Carol D, General Manager at Arrow Park, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank You for your great review!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Arrow Park for the weekend, and completely fell in love with the charm and unique feel of the lodge and grounds. There is really nothing like it. While it may not be for everyone, it was perfect for us - beautiful, peaceful, and clean. We stayed in one of the standard rooms with double bed, and shared a bathroom and shower with four other rooms. I was a bit worried about the shared bathroom, but it was pretty easy to navigate, and people were generally respectful. The room itself was very clean, with plenty of towels on hand. It may be a bit simple for some, but we found it relaxing and uncluttered. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and encouraged us to explore the building and grounds. There are boats and a paddle boat to rent on the beach, and we took advantage of the paddleboat to explore the huge lake and overhanging trees (and beavers!). There is a simple, complementary breakfast included, and it was really nice to sit and eat in the living/common room with a gorgeous view of the lake. The grounds are also gorgeous, lots of little paths and staircases, statues, and green everywhere. My stay at Arrow Park will always be especially special, because my boyfriend proposed to me on the stone path between the lion statues! I highly recommend Arrow Park for people who appreciate what it has to offer, and am even considering the space for the wedding.

Room Tip: Standard rooms have a shared bathroom and shower, the suites have private baths.
4 Thank Christine Y
Carol D, General Manager at Arrow Park, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for your good review! I am so glad the way you explained our property. It is a unique property and one must understand it to appreciate it:)
Carol Daviono
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

please do not bring it too far into the 21st century. The place has character and the surroundings are magnificent. It reminded me of little hotels in Europe (definitely with the cats)
Absolutely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anna Z
Carol D, General Manager at Arrow Park, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your great review. We truelly appreciate it when a guest takes the time to give us a good review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope to see you again.
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Upon arrival, and driving down the long tree lined driveway, I began to think that my wife and I had made the right decision, but then we arrived at the "lodge" we quickly realized that our decision was a bad one. The building looked like a run down maintenance building with bars on the rear windows and upon trying to park in a very small rear p/lot we were greeted by a litter of feral, stray cats which are apparently being fed by the lodge people. I love animals, and this is not what I want to see when arriving at a "resort lodge". Gives you a kinda dumpy feeling about the place. Upon entering the building, there was a small piece of paper on a small desk telling you where to go to check in which was upstairs. The check in office/room appeared disorganized and unprofessional looking. The building itself had old style character but appeared to be a little dark and creepy. We had booked the lakeview king bed room which I will say was very clean and neat and the bed was comfortable but had no TV (no rooms do) and it took a while for the water to get hot, which was not a big deal. Don't buy into the beach by the lake thing,..there is no beach, just, what appeared to be, a sand covered lot with no beach bar or open snack bar. Row boats looked old and the one and only paddle boat did not look any better. Broken basketball hoop, cement ping-pong table that looked like it would fall over any second and volley ball net on bumpy asphalt was no better. Nothing appeared to be maintained at all. Lake swimming area was not very appealing. The main building has a well equipped kitchen but nothing gets cooked..thought breakfast would be in there, but there was no breakfast, only a VERY LIMITED continental breakfast was offered in the dining room. The exterior of the building looked like it hadn't been maintained in decades....chipping paint, dirty wall surfaces, old faulty lighting fixtures, old unmaintained outdoor furniture and weeds throughout. The pictures they show on the website are deceiving...they deceived us. I WILL say that the employees were nice and helpful and its not their fault about how the place looks. A full million dollar makeover, and this place is the jewel of upstate New York...but short of that....total letdown. P.S. our original reservation was for two nights....we left after the first night even knowing that we would lose our money for the second night....couldn't leave quick enough...nuff said.

Room Tip: wouldn't advise staying but if anything, choose lakeside king bedroom...make sure you have your...
4 Thank Leonard G
Carol D, General Manager at Arrow Park, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We are a new to the market and strive everyday to bring our Lodge to a higher level for our guest satisfaction. Our mansion was built in 1909 and we trying to bring her into the 21st century. We have added air conditioning to our rooms.
We encourage potential guests to check our website before visiting as we are a unique property. We have 12 sleeping rooms with 6 rooms that share a bathroom.
Call us direct to get a full description as we want all our guest to have a great experience and know what we are all about.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

While the park and lodge are very quaint. There were far to many things that should have told us this was a mistake. First was the lack of appropriate parking, then it was a search to find the office, neither was easly. Then came the tour of the house and history, which was impressive. Finally we got to the room.... large beautiful room, no TV(not a big deal), no AC(big deal) especially with it being 80+ degrees there. We asked for and got a fan, vintage is what I called it. The fan lasted 5 minites and broke, we lasted another 20 minutes after hearing they had no others. The night manager was polite and even helped get us into a hotel. He indicated the day manager would call the next day (did not happen!) This was a groupon and the second one we've used to a none standard lodging source. All we can say is NO more groupons to alternate lodging. Experiences have NOT been good.

• Stayed July 2013
Carol D, General Manager at Arrow Park, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you for your review, it is your feedback that helps us improve our property. We have installed air conditioners and we take steps everyday to improve our bed and breakfast for our guests. Please try us again, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The Arrow Park lodge was designed and built around 1900, As we drove through the gates and down a long driveway surrounded by trees I knew we had found a special place. The architecture of the lodge is quite unique and I felt I was in a 1920's mansion. My favorite room is the sun porch, off of the dining room, the view was endless, and while we danced, we felt we were the only people in the lodge. We went hiking along the Arrow trail and found a magnificent waterfall. There were several families there, a single guest, mother and daughter, and somehow it all worked and was still very romantic for us. I am already looking forward to plan our next visit.

Room Tip: Room 10, has a 20 foot high bathroom ceiling with a skylight, which always let in the natural light...
1 Thank Meljoy52
Carol D, General Manager at Arrow Park, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for your great review! We hope you visit us again in the near future.
Carol Davino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport

Been to Arrow Park? Share your experiences!