“Friendly Staff”
Review of Breakers MTK

Breakers MTK
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 15 July 2013

As my first trip out to Montauk with some friends I was excited to see what all of the hype was about. We got a great deal at Breakers and embarked on the journey from NYC to Montauk. The hotel was great! Sat by the heated pool when it was too breezy down by the beach. Breakers was clean and full of friendly staff. After a night out at sloppy tuna we headed home to realize we left our key in the room. The office was closed (not used to this in hotels) however after one call to their emergency line we had someone to let us in within minutes. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and upon check out (I forgot the girls name at the front desk) inquired about our stay to ensure we enjoyed everything. Hands down for a nice beach getaway this place is perfect and priced right for Montauk.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
BreakersMontauk, General Manager at Breakers MTK, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff! Everyone at the Breakers Resort works hard to ensure all guests have a memorable stay with us. As you experienced, lounging by our heated pool or heading down to the beach is a great way to spend a relaxing day in Montauk. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back for another stay with us soon!

There are newer reviews for Breakers MTK

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our front door was covered with water stains. The blanket was stained with I don't want to know. Bugs. Peeling ceiling. Stained walls and ceiling. Kitchen was disgusting. Rust all along counter top. Just overall the ruination of a whole evening. We had to sleep in our car due to the fact there isn't anyone in the office after 9PM. We had reserved another room for another guest who was arriving the next evening and after canceling our reservation for our room, and getting a full refund, they had the audacity to charge a $50 cancellation fee for canceling the other room!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Maxine_56_10
BreakersMontauk, Guest Relations Manager at Breakers MTK, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback during your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is a very useful way for us to improve upon ourselves. We hope to have the opportunity to have you for a stay with us again!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I was hesitant to stay at breakers resort after my last stay in 2010. My husband and I had heard there was new management and agreed to give it another shot. I just got back from a 4 night stay and couldn't be happier. The location is amazing right across the street from a beautiful beach (as we remembered). I found the accommodations to be cozy and clean. We looked to the breakers for a getaway from the city and that's exactly what we got. Upon check out we were greeted with yet another friendly staff member (a big improvement from the customer service we received last time we were here) who offered us the option to extend our stay for the day, as tempting as it was we needed to head back to reality. I will definitely be heading back to Breakers soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nycgirl17

Dear Guest,

We are glad you found your recent stay with us at the Breakers Resort exceptionally enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back again soon! As you've mentioned, being directly across from the beach and so close to town makes the Breakers a great place to stay. Our staff is looking forward to your return sometime soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

I was with a great group of people, so that's what really made it fun, but if I'm being totally honest, this "hotel" is just like all the other run down old motels in Montauk--not very clean, overpriced, lousy service, etc.
if it were at half the cost, I'd say it's a great place to stay, but for the price, they could do with a few more amenities.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Melibrooklyn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay with us! Vacationing with a large group is just one of the many advantages of staying at the Breakers Resort. We would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just came back a 2 night stay at the Breakers. On the positive side - location is great - beach across the street and close walk into town. Nice Pool. On the constructive side - although it says quiet hours are 10pm, we had noisy neighbors who partied until early AM. The rule was not enforced. Also and most importantly, the 2 bedroom unit we stayed in was really small and very outdated, and had ALOT of bugs... Really disappointed especially with spending $300 a night.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed the many amenities that the Breakers has to offer. Nothing beats being able to walk right across the street to a nice secluded beach on a hot summer day! We look forward to the opportunity to have you for a stay again sometime soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I have never written a review before but i have just returned from a 4 night stay at Breakers..After reading the TA reviews i was SCARED. Upon checkin i was greeted by the front desk with a smile. I have arrived early and expected to see the town and return at the usual checkin (3pm). I was pleased when i was told my one bedroom cottage was ready and given the keys! My cottage was immaculate,yes it could use some updating( appliances etc),but it was cozy and comfortable with everything in working order. The private deck had lounge chairs as well as a pinic table and small BBQ.The pool was clean and warm.Staff very nice and the most important of all...the quick walk across the way to the BEAUTIFUL beach...That is what MTK is all about!!!! If you want to relax,enjoy the beach,the town and the true MTK..Breakers is not only affordable but provided and very pleasent stay...For all those who have negative comments remember this is MTK,you wont find any 5 star resort full of glitz and glamour..its all about the "beach town feel vacation".

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KB622
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I must admit, I was a little worried to see what kind of place The Breakers Motel was. Situated between two big resorts, my mind started to wander. The first sign that I loved this place started with the front desk woman. She was very nice and accomodating and we were able to get into our room early. I have stayed at other places in Montauk where the front desk woman is super unfriendly which I think is a huge turn off, especially since you are paying so much money to stay in their hotel. When we opened the door to our room (15) we were pleasantly surprised by our cute room with brand new floors and a nice AC unit. There was a ping pong table, pool, hot tub and volley ball net on the property which were great amenities to break up beach time. The property is located just minutes out of town which I think is perfect because it tends to stay more quiet at night, it was about a 5 minute walk to get into the heart of town. The most important part, the beach, is located right across the street! I would recommend The Breakers to anyone looking for a place in Montauk. Especially since they only require a two night minimium stay! Thanks Breakers!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple