“such a rip off”

Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Dallas, Texas
“such a rip off”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

As we stepped into our room, we found a giant roach on the ceiling. my daughter could not sleep because she kept feeling bugs in the bed. We arrived on friday and left saturday morning instead of monday. We paid too much money for this dump. Please believe me when i say you will hate it. And they did not even give us our money back!

Room Tip: dont come here
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank aminahbeans
soleeast, Owner at Sole East Beach, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
When this guest made the "roach" claim, we immediately went to the room to inspect it. There were none (0) found. In reference to the "bugs" her daughter says she felt all night, we do not, nor have either of our properties ever had bed bugs. Part of what makes Montauk so beautiful is its large amount of natural preserves. Unfortunately, along with nature comes the occassional mosquito, fly or garden beetle which are often misinterpreted by those unfamiliar with indigenous insects. This particular weekend, after much rain, there were many mosquitos in town. I assure you every effort was made to calm and reassure this guest that their was no bug issue after inspection. Being a holiday weekend, we did not have another room to move the guest to. As she was informed upon her check-out, if her room resold, she would have been refunded for her early departure.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Northport, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Room was very nice, with quality sheets and comforter, and a quiet, efficient a/c. Deque, who checked us in, was courteous and most helpful. Montauk is not cheap, but the beach is across the street, and I found the place pleasant.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Great experience at Sole East Beach! Clean, spacious, steps from the ocean, and surrounded by great restaurants. Ask for Decue - he's an excellent host.

• Stayed September 2010
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed for two nights and were in a room that reeked of mildew. That certainly didn't match the $399 we paid one night. In addition, the bathroom was seriously outdated for a place that calls itself a hip motel. Positive things I can say are the location, DQ who ran the front desk and the ability to use the amenities at Sole Resort. For a little more money we should have stayed there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Montauk hotels

NY
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Please please please please do not say here
There are better hotels with better service. All I have to say

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Mike543210
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2011

As I am writing these few lines, I am still reeling from a poor week's sleep....at the Sole East Beach. Poor sleep because the motel is so badly insulated again noise, I had to listen to the top-floor guests' dogs playing ball (and therefore running back and forth across the room) all night long, two nights in a row. When the dogs and their owners departed, the room was given to 4 guys who belonged to a group of 20 rowdy party-goers. No sleep to be had then either.
Furthermore, the Sole East Beach is not a boutique-motel as is claimed on their website but rather an old, un-renovated motel that smells of mould. Since the plumbing is so outdated, you risk 2nd degree burns every time you step into the shower. The beds and linens are of low commercial grade and please do not forget to pack your toilettries. Because even if you pay the going $449/night on week-end fee (with a minimum of two nights if you please), you will not see your toilettries replenished even when needed. And last but certainly not least, it is not clean.
The Sole East Resort (up the hill from the beach motel location) is somewhat better. But still. There is no interest in providing good service at either location. I am convinced that there is much better value and experience to be had in Montauk.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hartford, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed in one of the rooms upstairs at the Sole East beach location with my husband and my two children. We were greeted by an unfriendly staff member who took forever to pull up my room. When I asked for an extra key she told me that it was impossible for me to have another key since apparently they only have one key for each room and that I should have known to ask for a key. I decided not to make it a big deal and went to dinner. At the Sole East Resturant located on the other property they have. the food took forever to come. The food was alright. wasnt bad, but wasnt good. They dont have a childrens menu so if your children like eating Tuna Tartar or a ridiculously over priced salad then go there. I still am laughing with my husband everyday about the key! at least we got some laughs out of this place!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family