“Will be back”

Kenny's Tipperary Inn
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here in August with my wife and 10year old son and really enjoyed it.
Rooms perfect, clean, 2 large double beds, small balcony.
Nice swimming pool to relax around, also very well kept.
Great location, few minutes walk down to the port, very good Italian restaurant next door.
Finally, most important, staff ALL very helpful

Room Tip: rooms upstairs!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Tipperary-Family, Manager at Kenny's Tipperary Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your generous feedback. We do our best to make you feel at home here. We understand that good, friendly service is always key and we do our best to offer that. We are very glad your stay with us was enjoyable. We hope to see you back here again this year! We have done a lot of updates since 2015 and the place looks better than ever. Book with us directly online and receive 10% off. Please email us directly with any queries tipperaryinn@gmail.com

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a few days in Montauk, and were lucky to reserve a room at Kenny's Tipperary Inn during the peak season. We were welcomed by Jamie, who is awesome, and was always around to help us with anything we needed, including giving us stellar recommendations for restaurants and activities since my boyfriend and I have never been to Montauk. The location is perfect, the price was reasonable for the time of year and area we were in, and everyone there was just so nice and accommodating. Our room was also fantastic. Very clean and renovated. We had an amazing time in Montauk, and when we go back, we are definitely staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We love kenny's. This is our first time in Montauk. The location is perfect. It's not on the beach but in walking distance of the harbor which is beautiful, walking distance of all the best dinner restaurants (Gossmans, Salivars, The Harbor, etc..) The most adorable Lynn's Hula Hut is directly across the street with the best tropical drinks and live music and next door to that is Liar's which is open late night and has $1 drafts. The room was perfect and clean...Very romantic...And we loved the pool which was great to lay by after the beach. They give you a parking pass for the beach which is a 5 minute drive. They also have barbeques if you want to grill. The staff is very knowledgable about everything. They gave us a map and circled which beaches to go to, bars and restaurants. We loved our stay here and will definitely come again for summers to come.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Laureng1213

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Been going to Montauk for several years and this is the first place I have stayed at where everything was just perfect. The location is ideal with the harbor, beach and many activities including golf, jet skiing, whale watching & horse back riding all within a very short distance. Many excellent restaurants are also within walking distance or a very short drive. The room I stayed in was much more than I expected considering the reasonable rate - very clean with a bed that was more comfortable than the relatively new bed I have at home. The place also has a very nice pool that was never too crowded and just perfect after a day out in the heat. I would also like to mention that Jamie & Eddie were the two most hospitable people that I have ever encountered in a place I have stayed. From now on I will be staying at Kenny's Tipperary Inn and I recommend that you do too.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just spent a few days at The Tipperary Inn with 3 girlfriends. Jamie was the best and the location to fun night life was perfect! Outdoor pool was quiet and peaceful after the beach and its proximity to the water taxi to experience restaurants without having to drive was great. Will book soon for next August.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Eddie, Jamie and all the staff were so hospitable. Not only were they accommodating to our requests for information, they were happy to give us the past history about the Montauk area. Will recommend this Inn to anyone who likes comfort and relaxation.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

First the positives: clean and beautiful room with a very comfortable bed and on site Italian restaurant that draws a big crowd. Service staff is very helpful and pleasant and they keep the rooms and grounds spotless. Now the negatives: Be careful with this so-called pet friendly motel! Because our dog has a knee problem, we try to take her on vacation with us instead of boarding her. Upon check-in I was told by this guy Jamie that there was a $125 dog fee. That was not listed on the internet but what was I going to do? So I paid it which now brought our 2-night stay up to $745 - for a motel! Then I was told that the dog could never be left alone in the room - not even if we wanted to go grab a bite to eat. I reluctantly agreed. I was also told that the owners dog roams the premises and snaps at other dogs so keep my (leashed) dog away from her. (And how was I to do that?!) As I was shown to the room, I noticed a very nice pool and asked if the dog could join us at poolside since we have to keep her with us at all times. I was told no. That's when I blew a gasket and told Jamie that this was ridiculous! That they were NOT pet or pet-owner friendly! In other words, we could neither enjoy their on site facilities nor the surrounding Montauk area restaurants or activities. So I told him to cancel our reservation - we were not staying! He said their policy is only half refund, which I was aware of, but I told him that they would be hearing from our credit card company because their 'rules' were not listed in the booking. As I walked back to the car, both Jamie and owner Ed Kenny ran to catch up and eliminated all the made-up rules and encouraged us to stay, which we did since we had nowhere else to stay, but it was our first and LAST stay at The Tipperary Inn!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Edward K, Owner at Kenny's Tipperary Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

With regards to the dogs being able to be around the pool area, "NEW YORK STATE BOARD OF HEALTH" does "NOT" permit any dogs or animals in the enclosed pool / deck area, for "PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS ". I would like to point out that this is NOT a hotel policy but a "NEW YORK STATE HEALTH DEPARTMENT POLICY" which we MUST comply with or lose our ability to operate!
The owner's dog does "NOT" run freely, she is a registered "Service Dog" who is trained to watch and alert if any guest or children are in distress while using the pool. We explained this thoroughly to the guest in question.
We did offer to refund "ALL" money paid in the event of any miscommunication. The "DOG FEE" is advertised on our website!
Lastly I must point out that one of our own maids was attacked by a dog, which was "FREELY" locked in one of our rooms and required medical care, hence understandably she has a great fear of all dogs in our rooms.
We are sorry that the guest in question feels this way, but we did every thing in our power to accommodate them. We overlooked our usually very strict policy for them as well as offered them a "FULL" return of funds, inclusive of deposit paid.

Sincerely