“Quiet and beautiful”
Review of Montauk Hill House

Montauk Hill House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montauk
Montauk Hill House
Ranked #3 of 3 Montauk B&B and Inns
long island, ny
“Quiet and beautiful”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Was here over the weekend on a whim. It's not on the water, but does have amazing views from being on top of the hill.. We were in the sunset room which overlooked the back of the property which has the best views.. Queen bed, huge walk in closet, and nice on suite bath. The only downsize, and really not that big of a deal- no tv's in the room. Bring books or iPad!
The rest of the house is beautiful..but lacked little things such as refreshments.. I didn't see any. Maby I missed it.. No place to get a drink. They have 2 cats and a dog, so if u have allergies beware, and no pool to cool off , but u go to montauk for the beaches right? Quick ride to the beach and town..
The quality in this B&B is unreal.. The staircase is amazing as well as all the detail in all of the rooms.. I would def stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mellowkat

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

The house is amazing, quiet and beautiful. The only scare I had walking in the door was seeing cats as I am highly allergic. Karin immediately assured me that the cats don't go upstairs where our room was located. I admit I was skeptical as cats pretty much do whatever the heck they like, but ias was dead wrong -- I had absolutely no problem. It is hands down an impeccable property - we will return and I will refer. A few quick items:
1) the bed was hard as a rock. I mean really a rock. while I do understand some folks prefer a firm mattress this was plywood firm to me.
2) I understand the note in your house book about not rifling through the fridge and cabinets. Couldn't agree with you more if I were you. However, maybe leaving out some basics for guests would be helpful - small snacks, bottled water, etc. after a day on the beach one can become quite parched. I didn't understand your comment about "the water in the house being filtered" so that we could refill our water bottles. At 3:00 am I assure you I did. I'm betting you could reduce folks going through the cabinets (I assure you we did not) if you left a few things out that we're specifically and obviously for them. I'm certain this would make the property feel a bit more welcoming.
All in all there's likely no better place to stay than this or around Montauk.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Waytansea
Reviewed 30 October 2011

A very peaceful setting and atmosphere in this beautifully built home.The grounds are lovely, the house has welcoming spaces with , exquisite details in both the public areas and the guest rooms. A gem!

Room Tip: Not great in the room but perfect in the living room
Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank winnie53
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I have been traveling to Montauk since I was young - for almost 30 years! This is by far the Best Montauk has to offer. I found the Hill House last week and decided to give it a try for a last minute stay. My husband and I had a wonderful stay. The rooms are beautiful, clean and quiet. Just what we were looking for. The entire house is new and beautifully decorated. The grounds are beautiful. Karin is the most wonderful host. Although we didn't want for much, she was so helpful and accommodating. I had a wonderful massage given by Karin and was on par with some of the best massages I have had in NYC. The bathrooms are gorgeous and modern. The guest rooms are spacious and comfortable, with walk in closets and coffee machines. You receive 2 fresh beach towels daily! We love nice hotels and travel often. This is one of our top choices!
Montauk is full of VERY expensive accommodations, that lack service and hospitality. Most have not been updated or renovated in YEARS, to say the least. They all look tired and are not clean. Montauk Hill House is an absolute Gem and we will now ONLY stay there!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kbd12
Melville, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I have been going to Montauk for years with my wife. We have been staying at another location. This time, on short notice, I tried to make arrangements with the location that we always went to. Thankfully they did not have room and it forced me to find The Montauk Hill House. We have found our new place to go each year. Karen and Rob were amazing hosts, very pleasant to deal with. The house is imaculate and a tremendous attention to detail realized. I have never been in a home that made me feel so warm. I would reccomend anyone that is going out to Montauk to stay at the Montauk Hill House. If I were asked, I would not change a thing.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phoneboy
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Just pulling up to the Montauk Hill House was a treat in and of itself! they have some sort of giant weeping tree that is amazing. my husband and I called it the magic mushroom tree because it is shaped like a big mushroom. the house is one the most beautiful shingle houses I have ever seen, apparently the owner is a builder. the owner/hosts, Robert and Karin made us feel warm and welcome, as if we were long lost relatives. In fact, they had a few friends for a BBQ and asked us if we wanted to join them. It was delightful! Anyway, you enter the house through this huge castle-like door, and right there in front of you is this curving stone staircase. All the decorations are really beautiful and very cool. We were the first to arrive so we got to see the rooms and choose from three. They were all gorgeous and different, and each had its own bathroom, one of those single serve coffee makers and lots of room for eating, writing, or whatever. Two of the rooms have incredible water views. We chose the room called the blue horizon. I was able to soak in the tub while my husband showered in the self standing shower. The house is quiet and relaxing. I booked a massage, which is given by Karin, and I have to say, it was the best massage I have ever gotten. The massage room is very serene with mahogany and special lighting. I was relaxed before we even started the massage! They claim to have 3 cats, but I didn't see any of them. I did, however, meet their chocolate lab, Zoe, who is very, very sweet. It was so peaceful we slept late and took our time eating breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean, lake and sound. After our day at the beach we shared the hammock next to the giant magic mushroom tree! I think it was good luck because I ended up getting a great deal on a painting that the owner painted (she's an artist too, and there is original art all over the house). It was such a fabulous place to stay, it is definitely our Montauk home away from home. (I wish our other home was as nice)!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MontaukFan_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montauk
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
Montauk Manor
Montauk Manor
#1 of 7 in Montauk
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Montauk Hill House? Share your experiences!