“Went on a recommendation ....”
Review of Navy Beach

Navy Beach
Ranked #27 of 107 Restaurants in Montauk
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shore Road
Transit: Montauk Train station is a short walk away or a 5 minute cab ride.
Description: Montauk’s favorite beachfront restaurant and bar, Navy Beach is a laid-back, family-friendly waterfront restaurant offering a memorable dining experience in a beach setting with casual coastal cuisine and breathtaking sunsets. Navy Beach is all about location, positioned on a 200-foot private beach in Montauk, Newsday named it on of the top five water view dining spots on the East End. Boaters are welcome to safely anchor in the protected waters of Fort Pond Bay. The restaurant and bar are open for lunch and dinner daily in season beginning at 12pm. Check the website for specific hours of operation and special events including live music on select weekends.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I'm in Montauk often, but never ventured over to Navy Beach. We decided to go on a recommendation of a friend, when we first got there they were "open" but not serving food for another hour. I asked one of the tired looking staff if we could just have a piece of bread for my toddler because an hour is like a year in toddler time. He said he could try and find a hotdog roll, I was disappointed but we wanted to stay for the food and the band that was setting up in the sand, so I said that was fine. We never got the roll because another slightly annoyed staff member charged over to us and said the kitchen was not open. We were left standing at the font while the staff members sloshed around complaining to each other. In this places defense the valet told us they were only open for drinks at the moment, but we saw a parking lot full of cars and people out back so we figured it would be ok to go in.
We went over to order drinks, a bit over priced, but so are a lot of places out there. One of the super nice (the only one!) bartenders gave us an uncut orange and some olives for my son to eat, she rolled her eyes toward the animal who told us no to the hotdog bun.
We sat outside and enjoyed a drink, while we watched the band set up. The view is great, and the ambiance outdoors made up for the long wait. My son loved the fact there was space for him to run and play. The beach was clean, and there were other families around as well. The place filled up fast, and we were told we couldn't sit at the table we'd been sitting at for the last hour. The hostess moved us to the side of the restaurant at a cabana type table, which ended up being great for us though I wish she wasn't such a snob about it. The cabanas don't have a view of the band and my son happens to love bob marley, so when they sang one of his covers I got up to go watch with the other "family outcasts" banished to the cabanas. The food was good considering it seems like more of a bar, and though our first waitress disappeared and never bought our food (another hour later!), the second waitress was amazing, very attentive, and sweet to my son.
We are a young couple, with the means to do what ever we'd like to do, especially on a weekend trip, and I always get a bad taste in my mouth when restaurants are rude or discriminating to people with young kids. My son is very respectful, he's clean, quiet, and has been "dinning" out since he was born. We've been back to Montauk multiple times, and plan on it for years to come, but Navy beach is not somewhere I'd go again. People skip the Hampton's to get a nice Montauk vibe and unfortunately over the last few summers I've noticed it getting more and more Hampton-y, which is a shame.

1  Thank Daystone

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

A must go to every visit to "The End". Great relaxing atmosphere outside and a good bar program inside. Food is good. Be sure to reserve in advance!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Restaurant was recommended to us for lunch or dinner. We went for lunch. Very limited lunch menu. Food was overpriced – didn’t expect to spend nearly $60 on lunch for 2 ($16 crab cake, $18 burger and 2 wines). Food was OK. Pleasant and relaxing location.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I like trying new restaurants for the "dining experience". After Labor Day, the crowds in Montauk have disappeared so we decided to try Navy Beach. The weather was beautiful and we decided to eat outside on the wood picnic tables to enjoy the view and the sunny day. We shared the fried calamari, which was awesome. My wife had sea scallops and I had the cod which were equally awesome. With 2 glasses of wine, tax and tip, our bill was over $100.00. Navy Beach is well suited for a young, summer crowd, to hang on the beach in bean bag chairs or lounges, have a few drinks; not to spend a romantic Sunday afternoon. However, the food was wonderful and the service was very good.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I went to Navy Beach on Sunday with my family. The food was eh. Don't order the burger, burrata, or the fish tacos. All of them are flavorless - To end our so-so to terrible meal they added gratuity. We were there with 4 adults and 2 kids under 2. Are you really going to add gratuity?
The kids split a meal. That is just classless. Never again.

4  Thank Jessica W