“Great take out natural food!”

Naturally Good Foods and Cafe
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Montauk
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Established in 1985, Naturally Good Foods and Cafe is Montauk's primary health food store. We offer organic produce and groceries, cosmetics, vitamins and herbs, as well as a full service breakfast and lunch menu. We cater to early risers and beach goers looking for a delicious and nutritious meal or snack. Our cafe offers fresh fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies, healthy salads, Fair Trade organic coffee and teas and vegan baked goods. Specials made daily include homemade soups and veggie burgers, veggie stir-frys, burritos, salad specials and a variety of wraps. Our signature sandwich, The Bruce, is made with fresh caught, local yellow-fin tuna piled high and served on 7-grain bread. Seating is available outside in our private garden, or inside if you need a break from the sun. Our friendly staff is there to make sure you are greeted with a smile and leave feeling happily rejuvenated. Owners, Lauren Katz, a graduate from NYU with a masters in Nutrition and Dietetics and Chef Andrea Mavro, a graduate of Cornell University with a degree in culinary arts from The Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC work together to help enhance your experience at Naturally Good, and guide you towards becoming a more healthy individual.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Small little place close to where we stayed. Weather was good so we sat outside. Food was great especially the tuna sandwich.

2  Thank Sue K

Reviewed 21 June 2014

perfect stop for a health breakfast on the go. well balanced and varied menu. kitchen and dining area spotless. nice outside seating area. portions are large and reasonable priced.

2  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Love this place. Beautiful garden in the back - kids can play and enjoy breakfast/lunch. Nice assortment of groceries and wonderful juice bar.

3  Thank zmo4
Lauren K, Owner at Naturally Good Foods and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thanks for the review! We've expended our grocery selection and built a new garden at our Main Street location. I hope you can come check it out.

Lauren

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Perhaps I'm being too European about this, but when I go out of my way to eat organic, I don't expect plastic cutlery, paper plates, aluminium foil or disposable cups. The food was fine but having to drink tea out of a cup that made it taste of plastic, ruined it. I think Montauk could do a bit better. A china cup and some real dishes and cutlery wouldn't hurt. And the planet would smile more. Reduce your trash and make room for a dishwasher, for the real organic, eco lovers amongst us, who seek you out for a good reason.

2  Thank Emma I

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you liked our food. I have a great update for you. All of our cutlery and paper/plastics are now eco friendly! It's a small move in the right direction, but every little bit helps.

Lauren

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I loved the food there, and my parents did as well. I had pancakes, and they were simply amazing. Costa Rican platter was great as well. The only downside is that the portions are quite small. We went for breakfast around 10:30, and we were all hungry by 1:00. Overall, it was still a great restaurant.

1  Thank Brian P