“Montauk has changed”
Review of Haven Montauk

Haven Montauk
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I liked our stay at Haven. The people were very nice an the place was clean. If you go I recommend you have a car b/c the good beaches are a drive away. That being said the best perk is they have beach parking passes so you can go to Ditch Plains. Ditch Plains is the local beach that has none of the D bag crowd the public beach has. I say Montauk has changed b/c we stayed in Montauk four years ago when Montauk was still Montauk, not an extension of the Hamptons.

Room Tip: I would choose a top floor room. The first night we had a frat group above us that didn't go to...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JamesMucho

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Since I have lots of friends & family that either rent or own in Montauk, I had planned on just sleeping here & nothing else. But the 1st time I arrived (with my 2 teen daughters) we ALL loved this place! The updates had made this place quite hip airy & well kept! We looked forward to spending time here that we often left our friends to chill here! We have since then been back & love everyone who works here. The only problem was that I thought it was my little secret but I've bragged about it too much & now I can't get a room!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank cc012596
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I always enjoy my trips out to Montauk, NY. As a surfer and beach lover, I've been going there for more years than I'd like to share! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw an opportunity to purchase a one night stay at the Haven in Montauk, NY. I quickly made the purchase for a mid week stay in July and hoped for the best! I was not disappointed! Upon driving into the parking lot of the Haven, I saw a new facelift to the old standby. On check-in, Jenny, the Haven manager, was extremely friendly and even offered to upgrade my room at no additional charge without me even asking. In addition to the clean rooms with pretty nice amenities (remember, this isn't the Four Seasons), there was a Keurig coffee maker with pods as well as a room fridge stocked with ice tea and sparkling water, all at no charge for the taking. The pool area was also re-done with some very comfy outdoor beds and chaise lounges to relax on. It's also a kid friendly place, so keep that in mind if you decide to visit on a weekend in the summer. I'm sure the pool will be a little more vibrant then when I visited. All the staff was friendly and couldn't be more helpful. It's also a very short walk to a small beach and Gosman's Dock. This place will see me and my friends and family again!

1  Thank Steve V
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having been coming to Montauk for years, I can say that accommodations in the middle of the season generally fall into one of two categories. Either new, hip and unreasonably expensive or older in need of a major upgrade and still not particularly wallet friendly. Haven in Montauk manages to be both affordable and newly updated and furbished with a good design eye. It is not a luxury resort, but is luxuriously comfortable, super clean, has everything you need including complimentary beverages in the pre-stocked fridge, a cup of coffee in the morning, a lovely pool and pool area with day beds and loungers. Across the street is a lovely bay beach, that rarely had anyone else on it during our stay. The Gosman Dock area is walking distance with all the harbor restaurants and the center of town is only a 7 minute drive. The hotel's location outside of the center of town is perfect for those who want to relax, and not party all weekend long. It is just far enough removed to be quiet, but close enough to walk to a good lunch spot or drive to any of the party spots. The staff are super friendly and helpful and I cannot wait to return next summer.

1  Thank greengabby
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is not a luxury hotel but sometimes one finds contentment in places that are simply clean and simple. Our room had two comfortable beds, a dresser, TV, small table and two chairs, refrigerator and bathroom. Nothing fancy, nice clean lines. You used an actual key to open the door. Free WiFi. Helpful staff who provided a pass for the beach, map upon request, beach towels and information. The office does close around 5 pm so if you need something, you do need to think ahead. There is a lovely pool with pretty cold water but we got used to it and the pool and surrounding area was very clean and there were plenty of options for sitting or laying in the sun or shade. There is also a fairly spacious garden with comfy seating and even blankets in the evening. Our one disappointment was that the fire pit or outdoor heaters were not operating (we tried) as it was a cool evening and it would have been sweet to sit and chat outdoors in the evening. The hotel location was convenient..easy to walk to restaurants and shopping. A little further was the downtown or the lighthouse in the other direction (we drove). They had bicycles available as well and there are plenty of bike paths in Montauk. We watched the sunset from across the street and over the guard rail. The beaches in Montauk were great. The Haven was just plain pleasant, peaceful, relaxed. I hope to return. The End!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 29 July 2014

clean bright and modern rooms, friendly staff, great location and great deal for Montauk. Pool area and back yard were lovely. Although we arrived during the busy season, the hotel felt peaceful and relaxing.

Room Tip: chose a room on the 2nd floor, we were on the 1st floor and can hear guests upstairs walking
1  Thank Magiata
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Haven is a true gem! Rooms were spotless, with crisp clean sheets and towels. Coffee machine and a fridge of cold beverages in the room was a treat. The staff was lovely and able to help with all of our needs - they made us feel right at home. Additionally, the private beach across the street is the best place to watch sunsets! and late nights around the fire pit were great and we meant some other friendly guests. I will definitely be back. I 100% recommend the Haven Montauk to anyone looking for a nice weekend getaway, where you won't hear loud thumping music and crowds out your window all night!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends