“First visit to Montauk”

Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Hartman's Briney Breezes and had a special time, the owners and staff were very friendly and helpful and the accommodation was excellent .This was our first visit to Montauk from the UK and when we return we will definitely stay again and would recommend Briney Breezes.

Room Tip: We stayed in room no 46 with a good view of the ocean
1  Thank Philip C

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I just spent 5 nights, 3 week nights and 2 week end nights at Briney Breezes. The owners are lovely, warm and welcoming. We were offered a special deal since we were there 5 nights. the setting is clean, well kept and beautiful. We faced the ocean and saw it directly from our balcony. all rooms (or most) have ocean views. The rooms were neat, clean and well stocked. We had a full fridge, full stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher, as well as pots, dishes and most kitchen untensils, a/c in each room, 2 tv's, etc. the motel is directly across the road from a stunning beach, which, even on a sunny week end day, was barely crowded. The pool is heated- 85 degrees, and also clean and monitored. We walked to town each day as we came without a car. It is a 10-15 minute walk, if that. It is so pleasant, we didn't look! We both would recommend this place without reservations- tho you need them!

2  Thank Beverly D
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you want a truly, relaxing, romantic vacation in one of the most beautiful locales in the world, then Hartman's Briney Breezes is the place for you! Hartman's Briney Breezes is an immaculate, comfortable place that has everything you need to have a truly amazing time. My wife and I just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary(we got engaged 26 yrs ago in Montauk) this past weekend at Hartman's Briney Breezes. Both the immaculate property and the spotless rooms show the pride that Rob and Jenny take in the place. The grounds are beautifully landscapped. The heated pool(85 degrees) is super clean and the lounge chairs, tables and chairs surrounding it are very comfy. The best part about the pool(besides being so warm) is that you get an amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean as you swim in the heated pool. The room was so tastefully done, so clean and filled with beautiful kitchen(marble counter)and a deluxe bathroom with gorgeous ceramic tiles and koehler fixtures. The rooms have a fully equipped kitchen, a nice eating area with a comfy table and chair set to have coffee or a full meal.All the rooms have something very special, a sliding glass door that allows you to go onto your own deck area with your own comfy lounges and a BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean. We sat out there, drinking our morning coffee, and felt like we were in HEAVEN!
By staying at Hartman's Briney Breezes you have access to a beautiful beach on the ocean, a private spot that is just a short walk across the road. There is no public parking here(hooray!), so the only people on the beach(which isn't many)are just those staying across the road. The beach is empty because the public go to the crowded public beach in town with the public parking there. We felt like we truly had our own spot on this gorgeous beach of the Atlantic Ocean. This was so relaxing, hearing the waves, as we walked along the beach or just sat and looked out on the horizon.
You know you're having a great time when you're planning your next trip to Hartman's Briney Breeze before this one was even over. We didnt want this great weekend to end! And Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel is the reason!

1  Thank n y
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just got back from 2 weekday nights at Briney Breezes. It was very clean, great views and quiet since we were here during the week. I love the location. You can walk to the beach and practically have it to yourself. Town is an easy walk to get lunch or breakfast. We did not use the pool as the first 2 days were overcast and raining. The owners were very accommodating and gave us a later check out. Would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shmurph
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Good older motel near the beach in Montauk. Great value in April -- shared a suite with 3 other women and there was plenty of room for us all. Clean, comfortable, to be honest didn't spend a lot of time in the room since it's great to be out and about in the Hamptons!

Room Tip: The suite with kitchen is a great value.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deborah K
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Hartmann's Briney Breezes and were greeted with smiles during our check-in. Our room was clean and comfortable. The outside deck with lounge chairs were great to simply relax in and enjoy a light snack and drinks, while looking out onto the Atlantic Ocean. Though I usually don't stay in Motels while traveling, we will be returning to the "Breezes Motel" to enjoy the experience once again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sailor1640
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was a great find! This was my first time to Montauk and was not sure what to expect. I see why they received great reviews! First off, I am all about customer service and the staff here
are super friendly and have far exceeded my expectations. They watched out bags while we walked into town so our room could be prepared. Jenn who is pretty awesome, found some beach toys for my daughter to play with and beach towels for us to use.

The room- is SPOTLESS even my very judge mental mom said it was really nice and spacious and wants to stay there again. We rented a studio with 2 beds and sofa. The view of the ocean from the 2floor are AMAZING! There is a kitchen equipped with pots and pans and standard size fridge. The bathroom is very modern with granite countertops! The beds were soo comfortable i did not want to get up. I slept very well.

The grounds is well kept! There are plenty of tables and at least 8 grills if you want to have a BBQ! There is also a heated pool!! Look no further. The only disappointing part is that we only stayed for one night!

If you take the train out to Montauk, its only $15 cab ride(8-10mins). You can also walk into town to grab a bite to eat and do a little shopping. there really isnt anything to eat around there. It's only a 10 min walk.

Also I left my $300 sunglasses in the room rushing to catch the next train and they offered to mail them to my apartment! I wish more hotels can provide this level of sevice! Thanks to everyone at Hartman's my mom really enjoyed her 60th birthday!

This is where I am staying when in my future visits to montauk. It was like a home away from home and you can truly relax and escape the madness of the city!

Room Tip: i recommend staying on the second or third floor with a balcony. The views are amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family