“Hartman's Briney Breezes”

Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
“Hartman's Briney Breezes”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at Briney Breezes for 2 nights this past week. Weather cooperated and the stay was so enjoyable. The very comfortable Studio was immaculately clean and well equipped. The grounds are well kept and this is a great place for a family vacation. Situated just across the road from the beach and a beautiful view. Proprietors and staff were friendly and accommodating. Loved it!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at Briney Breezes Motel in Montauk for 2 nights with 3 girlfriends. As soon as we walked in I was floored at how absolutely IMMACULATE the room was. It looked like a brand new room!!! I am very picky when it comes to hotel/motel cleanliness even for one night and this place exceeded my expectations. The bathroom and kitchen were especially spotless, the beds were not only clean but so comfortable. They also not only provided enough towels but what I especially liked is they left a basket full of towels for the level we were on...we never had to ask for a single, extra towel. The pool was very enjoyable not only because it was never crowded but also, very clean and a relaxing way to start the mornings. And of course the easy and close beach access to what felt like almost a private beach was a complete bonus. Not far from town, the location is also close to ideal. This is an ideal place for all: singles, couples and families. The mornings are peaceful and not overrun with kids or partiers; just people headed to the beach or town mostly. I highly recommend Briney Breezes to anyone and from what I have heard about other places you will not find another place at this price that is nearly as clean and comfortable with this prime location.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool length-wise are great as you get a view of the ocean. You also get a great...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sasha P
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this wonderfully located property. It is the perfect distance from town and adjacted to what I believe is the best beach in Montauk. You can walk 10-15 min into the main area of town or drive 2 minutes. The pristine, quiet beach was just across the street. The beach was gorgeous and quiet. We felt like we were on a private beach!

The view was incredible. All rooms have a fantastic view. Most rooms have a shared deck. I believe some of the 2 bedroom 2nd floors had private decks. The motel/hotel itself is clean, well-kept, has nice sized rooms with all of the comforts of home. We have two young (very active) children (2 and 4) and we planned to make most of our meals on site. The room was stocked with plenty of pots, pans, full size oven, full size fridge/freezer,utensils, coffee maker, dishes, bowls, and even dish soap and paper towels). There are lots of grills and lawn furniture. The do not supply coal or lighter fluid but Robert (the owner) was kind enough to give us some of his stash.

The heated pool is GREAT. Our children really enjoyed it. The people that stay at this resort are also incredibly friendly and genuinely nice. Lots of families, girls wekeenders and older couples. No loud, sloppy drunks taking over the pool or making a spectacle of themselves. The owners and guests are a perfect example of Montauk; warm, laid back and nice to be around.

As a traveler and a travel professional, I highly recommend this property for those looking for a relaxing experience in a clean, unpretentious, simply happy enviornment. Keep in mind, this is Montauk, not LA, Chelsea, London or Maui. There are no Ritz Carltons or even Marriott's for that matter. It's all about the location and the feel of the place. I do plan to return here in the near future.

1 Thank Brittny817
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The location is good- it is a short trip across the road to the beach. The grounds are very clean- grass cut and no garbage around. Staff is visible. I had two concerns- I had booked a room for two people at this hotel and another hotel for four. When I arrived I wanted my party to stay together and the only reason for choosing this hotel over the other was cost. The proprietor offered me a suite for $100 more than I originally paid $333 if I could get out of the other place. When I went to check out he charged me $150+tax (167) since we had two cars and a total of 5 adults and a toddler even though it was the same room he put me in when I checked in. My second concern was that I woke up in the morning with bites all over my arm, side and neck. I have no idea what this is and I am still itching and very uncomfortable. Out of fairness- the rooms looked clean on the surface- clearly nothing fancy but good enough since we were in Montauk for the beach not the room.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Jill G
CT
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just a very cool place, right before the main town, still close enough to walk, bike or run in. Or just walk across the street to the beautiful Atlantic! Robert was so accommodating, day of he still had availability and made it happen for the July rate ~ better than going unused right?! Called another place prior too and they said two night minimum. Could never understand that with hotels ~ would you rather have the room be empty or at least make money for the one night that was needed on the same day? What are the odds someone else is going to come in on a wednesday afternoon and need two nights but who knows?! Anyhoo, Briney is the place! Beautiful views, great rooms, awesome heated pool, bbq'ing ability, yard for kids to play around in...just an overall great place! And anytime we go to Montauk it will be Briney ~ the hidden treasure ;-)

Room Tip: Room 46 rocks!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just got back from a few day trip. Decided to stay here based on the great reviews and I am so glad I listened. It was exactly as the other reviewers said, clean, updated, great location, great pool and super nice owners. My son left his backpack there and they are shipping it to us and refused payment for it. Were plan on coming back with the whole family next year!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kilnit
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a great place to stay in Montauk! We have stayed here several years in a row and enjoy coming back every year. The accommodations are very nice, the heated pool is great for the kids (and adults), the location is perfect as it is just across from the beach and just out of the main part of town. Everyone at the motel is so nice and always very helpful! We love it at Hartman's Briney Breezes and look forward to coming back again next year!

1 Thank C K