“Fun decor, farm to table menu”
Review of South Edison

South Edison
Reserve with OpenTable
South Edison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 105 Restaurants in Montauk
Price range: US$25 - US$47
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: WE ARE OPEN FOR THE 2017 SEASON!!! Join us at South Edison and enjoy a menu packed with local seafood and produce. Chef/Partner Todd Mitgang, who developed our original creative menu, and Executive Chef Frankie Fuschetto continue to craft new dishes to complement our customers' favorites. Frankie has performed as pastry chef at South Edison and our sister restaurant, Bo's Kitchen & Bar Room in NYC, to rave reviews. He now proves he's a hit with savories as well as sweets. Walk right off the beach to try our extensive raw bar, a wide selection of wines and beers, and our signature Pickle Martinis garnished with house-made local veggie pickles. Our original cocktails also bring a refreshing start to a summer evening. After dinner, don't miss the extraordinary desserts. Just one block south of town, South Edison reflects Montauk's fun and casual atmosphere. Stop in, kick back, and enjoy!
Armonk, NY
“Fun decor, farm to table menu”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My teenage daughter and I went to dinner at South Edison our last night in Montauk. The decor is funky and beachy. We enjoyed the energy in the restaurant. My daughter is an adventurous eater, but did have trouble with the menu. Look online before you go. We both had terrific salads. I had the octopus tacos as an entree - plenty of food. The waitress suggested the asparagus .. which was a great call. Terrific. Would love the recipe for the scallion vinaigrette. (hint, hint, South Edison). Fun cocktail menu. Prices high, but not out of line with other restaurants in the area. The service was a bit spotty - we waited a long time between app and entree .. but overall, a really nice evening at an interesting restaurant.

2 Thank Abigail K

Darien, Connecticut
“Okay”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at South Edison with my wife. I had fish for dinner. My wife ordered shrimp cocktail and got three shrimp for an extraordinary high price. I understand summer places have to make in two months enough to cover twelve month expenses but this was eye opening. Anyway most places are like this so worth a shot . Sort of sterile environmentent

1 Thank CTJoe520
New York City, New York
“Great, but expensive!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Everyone in my group loved this place. Very of the moment and trendy upscale beach decor. For my tastes the food was a bit too fussy as I like my food pretty simple without lots of sauces and exotic ingredients. But that's just me. Everyone else thought it was great. This would be the expensive meal on your vacation. Not a place for young children. I doubt they would make pasta with butter! Nice ambiance. Waiter could have been a teeny bit more accommodating. We stopped going to The Harvest a few years ago because we've found the staff is a bit full of themselves and I wouldn't say this was like that, but they should be conscious of this and always make the customer feel welcome.

1 Thank MrsfromNYC
New Mexico
“Creative, excellent seafood; service a little slow”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This cheery restaurant in Montauk, with it's yellow and blue color scheme, is casual, but the level of cooking is high. Started off with a refreshing watermelon cocktail; perfect for a hot summer day. Outstanding fried clams (done in cornmeal) and an interesting spicy tuna chalupa. Locally caught grilled scallops were complemented with an English pea puree, grilled radicchio, and quinoa; fresh, fresh, fresh. My husband had the Scottish salmon prepared with yellow tomato and more peas. The restaurant gets its vegetables and herbs from local farmers. Tasty pineapple upside down cake (not too sweet) with passion fruit sorbet for dessert.

Service was a little slow between courses, but the staff was friendly and helpful. We weren't in a hurry so didn't mind. This is a popular place with families; we were surprised by that, since the prices are not low. Lots of cute young ones in their summer clothes. We ate early; by the time we left, the families had cleared out, and a young, hip crowd was moving in.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Pamela H
“Tasty but pricey”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I had dinner here on a Tuesday evening. Montauk oysters were $3.00 each and Blue Point $2.50 each. I ordered the grilled scallops for a main course and received a half dozen good sized ones, together with some grilled radicchio, pea puree, and snow peas. It was a nice portion, but my bill came to around $46.00, which I thought a bit steep since I only drank water and didn't order dessert. On the plus side, the meal itself was excellent. One nice touch: four pieces of taffy came with the receipt.

1 Thank Marian C