“Good Food- Loud Place If Crowded”
Review of South Edison

South Edison
Reserve with OpenTable
South Edison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 110 Restaurants in Montauk
Price range: US$25 - US$47
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: WE ARE OPEN FOR THE 2017 SEASON!!! Join us at South Edison and enjoy a menu packed with local seafood and produce. Chef/Partner Todd Mitgang, who developed our original creative menu, and Executive Chef Frankie Fuschetto continue to craft new dishes to complement our customers' favorites. Frankie has performed as pastry chef at South Edison and our sister restaurant, Bo's Kitchen & Bar Room in NYC, to rave reviews. He now proves he's a hit with savories as well as sweets. Walk right off the beach to try our extensive raw bar, a wide selection of wines and beers, and our signature Pickle Martinis garnished with house-made local veggie pickles. Our original cocktails also bring a refreshing start to a summer evening. After dinner, don't miss the extraordinary desserts. Just one block south of town, South Edison reflects Montauk's fun and casual atmosphere. Stop in, kick back, and enjoy!
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am getting right to the point on our meal, the service, and the overall atmosphere of South Edison.
Our MEAL:
-Fried Belly Claims, too much cornmeal not enough claim
-Lobster Buns for $27 should have been named on the menu "Lobster Droplets" they were have the size of a slider bun, not worth the money
-Black & Blue Local Sea Scallops with green pea puree, the scallops were a nice size qty 4, but the there could have been more flavor in the pea puree
-Grilled Scottish Salmon, was cooked just right but not sure about the grapefruit combo with coconut, that tasted just ok
-Grilled Lobster with creamy couscous was delicious, however My friend gave me half of her meal and I thought a piece of the grilled lobster was too burnt to taste the lobster meat.
The desserts were good, especially the Profiteroles they were delicious.
**Note: The Martini was not worth the money, the vodka tasted cheap, the green olive did not taste fresh, and the glass was small>SAVE YOUR$$$ and order a beer or wine.
The Service:
The SERVICE:
Was good, but when the server brought us the bread basket they FAILED to bring us 4 small plates for the bread. We had to ask for the plates. What did they expect us to do, put our pieces of bread on the table without a plate, what are we animals? Also when the deserts came they FAILED AGAIN to bring 4 small plates to eat the deserts which we were sharing we had to ask for the plates.
The ATMOSPHERE:
The place is large two levels, nice colorful decor, but the noise level is high, so expect to talk in a loud tone to your guests, also if you are looking for a romantic place to dine this is not the place. There were families with screaming kids which we had to endure, now I love kids, I just can't stand them screaming in a restaurant and yes it was the ending of our Memorial Day weekend, but can't the parents teach their children how to behave in a restaurant.
All in all, I am not sure I would go back, there since there are a few other places to try in Montaulk.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband, daughter and I ate at South Edison tonight. We started with the fluke sashimi, BLT tuna and octopus tacos. All were amazing. For dinner we had yellowfin tuna, striped bass, and scallops. They were all cooked to perfection and just delicious.
dessert was a salted almost ice cream with a devil's food crust. It could not have been better. The service was excellent, the food tasty and fresh and the ambiance, very nice.
What's not to like?

1  Thank mmcbDenver
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had a great meal at South Edison. The decor is beautiful. Loved the octopus on the wall in the bathroom. Everything we had for dinner was excellent. Staff were great and accomdated my friends 1 year old twins. Even the take out we got for our husbands was delicious.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My teenage daughter and I went to dinner at South Edison our last night in Montauk. The decor is funky and beachy. We enjoyed the energy in the restaurant. My daughter is an adventurous eater, but did have trouble with the menu. Look online before you go. We both had terrific salads. I had the octopus tacos as an entree - plenty of food. The waitress suggested the asparagus .. which was a great call. Terrific. Would love the recipe for the scallion vinaigrette. (hint, hint, South Edison). Fun cocktail menu. Prices high, but not out of line with other restaurants in the area. The service was a bit spotty - we waited a long time between app and entree .. but overall, a really nice evening at an interesting restaurant.

2  Thank Abigail K
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Had dinner at South Edison with my wife. I had fish for dinner. My wife ordered shrimp cocktail and got three shrimp for an extraordinary high price. I understand summer places have to make in two months enough to cover twelve month expenses but this was eye opening. Anyway most places are like this so worth a shot . Sort of sterile environmentent

1  Thank CTJoe520