“Very nice accomodations and water views!”
Review of Stone Lion Inn

Stone Lion Inn
Stone Lion Inn
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed in room 4 this past weekend. What an amazing lovely inn. Every room has a water view. The deck was just incredible. Everything was brand new and we enjoyed watching Netflix. I felt like I was on a vacation away from the city stress. The kitchen was huge. Bed was comfy. Shower was so awesome!!! Love it will come back again.

PS....this is an adults only accommodations

Room Tip: Room #4 - Every room has a water view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sourivone

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Honestly, after all the searching I did for a place to stay in Montauk, then taking the trip and seeing what was there, I think this is the most amazing and best deal in Montauk. We went for a wedding and actually saw the rooms of some of the more expensive beach front hotels and they were gross and old. I'm so grateful we didn't pick any of them. We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED staying here! We almost felt like we were at home. It was easy to walk to the main part of town and beach access. It was modern and perfect. The kitchenette was great, the bed and linens were perfect, the bathroom was awesome and the view to the pond behind us was lovely. Oh, and I failed to mention that the restaurant/bar within the building is fantastic too! Everyone was so nice, warm and welcoming. We would only want to stay here if we come back! Seriously, it was so great, I don't know if I've ever been so happy to write a review before!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carly C
Reviewed 21 September 2013

loved it here - our duplex apartment was fantastic - everything was spotlessly clean and perfectly colour co-ordinated. Food in the on site restaurant was great, as was the service generally. Would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: ask for the duplex - its a little more expensive but worth is as you get 2 large decks to sit out on...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lasvegaskitten
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed at the Stone Lion for two nights to attend a family wedding. The wedding party and most of the attendees were staying at different local hotel (with mediocre reviews on Tripadvisor).
My partner is a less than stellar traveler in the car, and I knew after the drive from the Philadelphia suburbs out to Montauk on Friday of Mother's Day Weekend would test his patience. It was truly crucial to the weekend that we have a good room to check into. Tripadvisor to the rescue!! I read the reviews of the Stone Lion and made a reservation. An added bonus, the reception was held at the restaurant North by Northeast which is attached to the hotel...no driving!
After a 5 1/2 hour car trip in heavy traffic, even my somewhat grumpy partner could only find positive things to say!
Yes, you do check in at the restaurant. While we were waiting we popped into the bar and had a drink, and talked to the bartender about the locale and what to expect of the restaurant we were going to that night for a cocktail party. Once we had our key, we took our drinks and went up to our room.
Our room was on the second floor--I would recommend this over the lower level. There are steps and no elevator, but it's worth it. There was a kitchenette, large sitting area with sliders to the deck and a large Internet TV.
In a separate room there was a king size bed, with dresser, cubbies and another large Internet TV, and another set of sliders to the deck.
The mattress was great, even my partner approved.
The bathroom was beautifully appointed. Great tiling and a spacious, chic shower with a bench seat, good water pressure and a cool pebble floor.
The views from the deck were lovely, the weather was not.
The first night when we returned from the cocktail party we stopped into the bar again and had some dinner. The shrimp was excellent, and the service was wonderful.

Room Tip: Second floor has a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Colleen M
Reviewed 18 March 2013

After a rough few months, my husband and I decided to "get away from it all" and head out to Montauk for their world famous St. Patrick's Day celebration/parade. Since it was off season, we asked friends of ours who live in the area to recommend a place to stay. They suggested the Stone Lion Inn because it was not only fabulous--it was right along the parade route! We pulled in late afternoon somewhat rushed to change and make our way to the pre-parade cocktail party at Gurney's Inn (also highly recommended!) The Inn is attached to a restaurant, and it was not at all obvious where we needed to go to check in. It turned out, we needed to go to the front check-in area of the restaurant. We found our way, were given our key, and were on our journey to a delightful week-end! Immediately after opening the door to our room, it became apparent that Lake Montauk is STUNNING. Our room (actually rooms) overlooked the lake and it was gorgeous. It was VERY cold upon entering the rooms, but two separate remote-controlled heating units got the heat cranking right away. The Stone Lion Inn does not skimp on space! We walked into a full-sized kitchen--ample fridge, cabinets, microwave, sink--we were surprised there wasn't a little cook top. Off the kitchen was a closet/changing room that was very large--I said to my hubby perhaps that was to accommodate a pack-n-play--only to read that the hotel doesn't allow children. Off the kitchen was an ample sized bed/living area--with a lovely picture window overlooking the lake and private deck (too bad it was so chilly!) The bathroom was impeccably decorated and if I ever find the funds to renovate a bathroom I will "borrow" the beautiful tile décor. Actually, the construction and decoration on the whole unit was very high-end. I would say the décor was zen/mod. One of the things I loved was the amount of wastebaskets in the unit!

One of the best things about the Stone Lion Inn: we could fill our red solo cups with a beverage, and walk outside to our chairs placed along the parade route--so easy! We were also within a very reasonable walking distance to town (check out O'Murphy's for a burger and a beer and Mr. John's for a yummy breakfast!) We enjoyed the whole trip so much, we hope to make it an annual event.

One small mishap we ran into: the neighbors in the room next to us were playing VERY LOUD reggae music the whole time we were there. While the info posted on the wall of the unit indicated the Inn follows a strict 10 pm noise cut off time--we had no idea who/where to contact someone when the reggae was playing well into the wee hours of the morning.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the adjacent restaurant (ENE) one night of our stay--I've covered that in a separate review...it is well worth the trip just for the food. Overall, I would highly recommend a stay at the Stone Lion Inn...looking at the lake from your bed is truly relaxing. The bathroom shower has a wonderful head and the cool pebbled bottom I adore. If you are in need of a "zen" experience--head out to Montauk!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed 10 October 2012

First off I would like to say the reason I rated this very good and not excellent is because of the air conditioning being out of service in the bedroom. I do must admit the place is awesome, its attached to East by Northeast Restaurant. How is that for a convenience factor?? The restaurant is deeeeeeeeelish. The room is exactly how it is pictured on the website. There is a awesome pond in the back. Even though it is connected to the restaurant, they do not tolerate noise passed 10pm. We slept peacefully! We visited on Labor Day Weekend and definitely looking to go back. It's near everything so you can walk everywhere. Thank you again to the wonderful staff for everything! We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Smart C
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We recently spent a night in Montauk with friends and stayed at the Stone Lion Inn. It was the perfect place to kick back, relax and enjoy some down time with family. The rooms are super spacious, with a kitchenette, walk in closet and modern bathroom. He staff was incredibly nice, gracious and full of local suggestions. The restaurant attached has a great bar for a late night cap close to home.

Waking up and opening the back door, we enjoyed serene views of the lake, ducks, fishermen, etc with a nice cup of coffee on the porch.

All in all, I look back on this stay with happy memories and look forward to going again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family