“Gross”

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Centereach, New York, United States
“Gross”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here 2 nites in off season to see how we would like it. The whole bottom floor was covered in ants, it was gross, and not cleaned well. Up stairs bedroom was OK, blinds were broken, but bed was good.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank dijlf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I just returned from our first visit to Montauk and The Surf Club. Beach was beautiful. Our unit had everything we needed. The location near the village was the best. Guess what? I didn't cook. We walked to breakfast at John's Pancake house, lunch and dinner at different places. All great! Most of the time if we weren't exploring Montauk, we either relaxed by the pool or went to the beach. It was a great memory for our family and we will be back in August before school.

Room Tip: We loved the oceanfront unit that we had. You could hear the waves!
2 Thank Sue K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'm torn because I don't want to let anyone know how great this place is - but the team deserve a review... It's basically perfect. Location, right on the beach, private, low key well maintained and extremely well managed. Full marks.

Room Tip: Pick the oceanfront if available
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abrooke212
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed with my family at the Surf Club Resort last week - ocean front 2 bedroom suite. We spent a considerable amount of money, as we were traveling with extended family as well. One major problem was that our bedroom had broken blinds - with a huge gap that did not provide privacy + my young kids were awaken early with the sunrise. I notified management of this issue the first day and we were told that it would be fixed. This never happened. We were patient and the manager Bill said that he would give us discount for our inconvenience. He was actually quite friendly until my check out. When he saw me in person he was very rude and very disrespectfully - making gender sensitive and discriminatory comments. He was offensive and I plan to report this behavior. My family and I will never return and I hope that other people think twice before supporting these types of businesses. I'm an attorney that travels extensively and have never experienced this type of outrageous behavior from hotel management. My family and I travel to Montauk several times during the summer season and unfortunately decided to try this resort. We will go back to where we know we will be treated with respect.

19 Thank zmo4
Montauk, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been staying at the Surf Club Resort for three years straight with my family and have nothing but good things to say. It is located on the ocean and has a very clean heated pool in the center. All the staff from Bill the manager, the front desk attendants, the pool attendants, and the cleaning staff are very friendly. Even all the guests that we met have been friendly. We enjoy walks into town, drives to Gosman's dock, fires at the beach and so much more.

Can't wait to go back.

3 Thank visitor123456789a
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a nice place to stay for a few days. Right on the beach, a nice heated pool, and a short walk into town.
The units are small, especially the kitchen. Appliances are very small and old and outdated decor. But the bed is great, the place was clean, and for the price you really can't go wrong.

Bayside, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were able to get away during the week and wanted to check out Montauk. We stayed at the Surf Club in an oceanfront room. This room was very nicely renovated. The location was the best right on the ocean with great views across a field of pink flowers blooming. We were able to walk into town for dinner and shopping. We had great weather for the beach. They have a wonderful cabana service with guys that bring down your chairs and umbrellas. They were great! Just nice and relaxing! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Suggest oceanfront and poolside views!
1 Thank ann S