“Ehhhh”

Harvest on Fort Pond
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Montauk
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ehhhh”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Went on a Monday night called to ask if there was a wait was told by the hostess with an attitude that there is always a wait. We decided to go anyway (place was not that busy when we arrived lots of empty tables) the scenery was beautiful and the view over the lake was amazing but that was about it. I would bet anything that the Ceaser salad came out of a Dole Bag, the shrimp pasta was bland. We are foodies and don't mind paying the price for quality ingredients but these were not, and to top it off the service was not good either waitress took orders and that was it everything else was done by food runners. We wanted to love it but just didn't I don't understand all of the hype. BTW the restaurants on the north fork are far superior to everything the Hamptons has to offer.

1 Thank Michael F

mineola
“Amazing food and view ”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Went there last night "You must call a week in advance they don't take reservations before that or you could just show up and wait a while for a table" for my wife's birthday and I must say the food was outstanding. We were served by Victoria who I highly recommend to ask for as your waitress who explained the food is served family style and about how much to get for 6 people We ordered the Lamb ribs as a appetizer which my wife and my sister in law who don't care for lamb could not stop eating them along with the Caesar salad. We then had the porter house with green pepper corns and shallots which is comparable to most steak houses I've been to the farfalle with sausage peas and parmesan slightly melted in it and the chicken Milanese which was perfectly fried not greasy crisp and loaded with flavor. We finished the meal off with the fresh fruit ice cream sandwich which has a perfect combination of fruit mostly berries and vanilla gelato layered between crispy pastry flats delicious and not to rich perfect way to end a unbelievable meal. Then you walk the pier where you see giant pike fish and a beautiful sunset depending on the time you get there beautiful pic opportunity.

Norman, Oklahoma
“great all around”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is one of if not my favorite Montauk spot to go with my family. Beautiful location and organized so that there is not a loser (ie no view) table in the entire place. Everything we have had is great, so don't ask them to change anything--not that they will, by the way. I remember once asking for no shallots on my pizza and was told they do not alter menu items. But the shallots are excellent on that particular pizza. My dad loves the lamb rib appetizer and I can vouch for their calamari! Make your reservations ASAP because you will never ever be able to just "walk in."

• Visited July 2014
new york City, New York, USA
“Pretty Setting, Family Style and Tasty!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Everything we ordered was delicious, except the lamb rib appetizer. The pizza was tasty, the pastas were massive, the skirt steak was very well prepared and tender. The whole crispy fried snapper was absolutely delicious! The wait staff was more than helpful. Inside was a bit warm, but outside was a very long wait. The outdoor area is really quite picturesque. I would go back again and again.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“BrokeDaMout”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great service, great food, acoustics (I can hear my gf),.... 50 characters,....... dvibbeinnnjewhvvenihurnvijnvrivninrnninnvnrnjini

Visited July 2014