“Great Workout! Super Cool!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cinema Cycle Theater
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was a great workout option while we visited Montauk. We've been going to Montauk for years and I heard that this is a new thing at the movie theater. So, if you don't know anything about Montauk, this is centrally located and easy to get to. I called ahead to reserve a spot, but a few people were lucky enough to be walk-ins (I think 3-4 people). The class was full so it's not a bad idea to call ahead. I did the class at 10am, but I think there were two classes before (6:30am and 8 ish, I think). The instructors were different for the different classes. Anyway, they provided footwear if you wanted it, water and towels. I tried out the shoes since they looked brand new and the bikes must have been also. In my opinion, it was very fairly priced compared to other classes and activities that I've done that last a similar time.
The instructor was fantastic! This was my first spin class and although I'm athletic I hadn't worked out in a while. It didn't matter. I'll admit it. I was a little worried when the instructor walked in, obviously in super shape (and gorgeous), but she taught to all levels. Believe me everyone got a great workout (weekend warriors to high level athletes) because she gave options to lower or maximize the intensity. Also there were a range of ages there. It was mostly 20 somethings, but there were also 30-40 somethings and 2 kids that looked like they came with Dad. Overall, I feel like I got a great spin workout that was Manhattan quality but in a novel setting. It was a fun atmosphere, not pretentious at all. Did I mention that there were projections on a full sized movie screen while we were biking? You really have to go to see how super cool it is.
I will definitely be going back the next time I am out there. Definitely would recommend that any one out there try it at least once.
I only wish that they had a juice bar and/or some food options for afterward. Maybe they'll have a few things in the future. I definitely would have gotten something. Not a big deal, we walked down the block after and easily found a place to refuel.

6  Thank JustJane27