“Cozy comfortable easy”
Review of Lenhart's Cottages

Lenhart's Cottages
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My partner and I just returned from a New Year's stay at Lenhart's in Montauk and had a great time. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic getaway in a cottage with a fireplace AND a view of the ocean--and not looking for the latest in bath products and spa services---then I recommend this place highly. And the owner, Ron, was amazingly helpful in making sure everything about our stay was perfect. Sure, Lenhart's is a bit on the rustic side but that only makes it more charming.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark C

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We visited in mid September, and we LOVED Lenhart's.
The LOCATION is PERFECT—big windows onto views of the ocean from your living room and kitchen. A lovely private (?) and mostly empty beach is just across the old highway from Lenhart's. Our dog had the time of her life running around on the beach.
Our lovely, spacious cottage had everything we needed—full kitchen with coffeemaker and basic cookware / utensils, etc, (we cooked 2 out of 3 nights) a small BBQ outside, cable TV, a sweet little balcony in the back, loungers out front so you can enjoy your morning coffee with a view of the ocean, even laundry! We traveled with our infant, and the cottages were ideal since we didn’t share walls with anyone, didn’t have to worry about noise (ours or anyone else's). There were other guests staying there at the time, but we hardly saw or heard anyone. Quiet place.
Wifi works in the front of the upper cabins but not too well in the back. Sure, the linens are nothing to write home about, so if you are expecting swanky luxury linens look eleswere. But the cottages are clean and well maintained, and there is daily (and friendly) maid service, so plenty of fresh towels. Owner Ron was cool and nice to deal with in advance of our stay, and very flexible and laidback but responsive and accomodating during our stay.
OverallI I HIGHLY recommend Lenhart's. We will definitely be going back, soon I hope!

Room Tip: Cabins on top of the hill have the best view, but less wifi i guess, so if for some reason you are r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NYCTravelerW
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My husband & I wanted to get away for a bit of rest & relaxation, before we enter into our busy [business] season. I had been coming out to Montauk for years & staying @ a place just east of Lenhart's. This year I got married & we got a dog & wanted a "pet" friendly place to stay. The other place I stayed @ did not allow dogs - but he did recommend Lenhart's as pet friendly. There were a few other places that were pet friendly, but after reviewing Lenhart's on the web, we chose to make reservations. We were arriving on a week day in the evening & I indicated to Ron [proprietor] we would be arriving late, around 10ish. He said that would not be a problem & asked me to call him when we were about 1/2 hr away. As it turned out we got a late start & then had an issue w/the bike rack & bikes that delayed us even more. I called Ron to alert him of our delay and he made arrangements for our later arrival. I was not sure what the accommodations would be like, as some of the reviews varied so. We very pleased when we entered the cottage. There were 2 bedrooms w/a nice size living room, fireplace, full kitchen, washer & dryer (quite rare to have that perk) a deck that had access off the master bedrm as well as the kitchen. There was A/C in the unit, but the weather was mid to hi 70's during the day & mid 50's ~ 60's in the evening, making it delightful to sleep w/the windows open & the ocean air flowing in. The next morning I went to the office to introduce myself & thank Ron for being so understanding w/our late arrival. He again indictaed it was not a problem & asked if there was anything he could do to make our stay more comfortable. We were there for 3 days/nights and it couldn't have been nicer. I didn't mind cooking meals & washing dishes looking out the large kitchen window @ the great view of the Atlantic Ocean. I'm fairly sure our dog enjoyed himself too, as he got the chance to do a lot of hiking & beach going w/us & played with some other dogs that were staying @ Lenhart's too. Only disappointment, was that the pool had already been closed for the season before we arrived :( but I'd definitely go back :)

Room Tip: These are cottages w/Kitchen. Basic utensiles & appliances. No DW & maid service does not...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Earth2Sea2Sky
Reviewed 10 September 2012

NO Wi-Fi to distract from the sound of the ocean waves, the night sky filled with stars, fresh air, clean rooms, a refreshing pool overlooking the Atlantic, and a perfect cottage getaway to escape from our hectic lives!
Thank you, Ron, for keeping this oasis going for so many years!
We just spent our 26th anniversary in Montauk, and happily returned to Lenharts. Simple, clean, and the perfect place to disconnect and re-connect!
Cannot recommend highly enough! Cannot wait to go back!
The Brauners
Oakdale, NY

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoeBrauner
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have been staying with my family at Lenhart's Cottages in Montauk for the past 12 years. The location is perfect, across from a quiet stretch of the beach, and the full service cottages provide a home away from home. The caretaker is friendly and "laid back" and always makes superb recommendations for dinner and entertainment. It is a child friendly atmosphere and my children have even developed friendships (as have I) with some of the people who return back each summer. We try to go out once in the fall and winter as well; there are working fireplaces and the units are fully heated (and air-conditioned). Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: All cottages are lovely.When you make your reservation, they help you choose the one that meets your...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jadyn S
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I've been coming to lenharts for years now. The location cannot be beat. But if you're looking for hotel amenities and luxury you better look elsewhere. There's no shade, no working w-fi, towels and linens are old etc. The place could certainly use an update, just for the basics, but still the location is the best in montauk.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank travel8queen
Reviewed 8 August 2012

when we arrived we were so surprised by how chilled out the place was, great views and nicely hidden away from the busy town, it was perfect for us. room, pool and service was top notch
will definitely be back next summer

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple