“Good old-fashioned budget motel”
Review of Montauk Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Montauk Motel
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Hamden, Connecticut
“Good old-fashioned budget motel”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This low budget motel was inexpensive for the area and centrally located for wine tasting at the many wineries up and down North Fork, which was all that I needed. Don't expect luxury. Everything in the room seemed to be from at least 30 years ago. However, it was clean and I had a good night's sleep both nights!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy K

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I go to Montauk at least once a year. Last Labor Day weekend my friends and I decided to take a chance on Montauk Motel. It seemed there was a stigma around it and reading some of these negative reviews contributes to it I'm sure. We rented one of the cottage and everything about our trip was perfect. The owner picked me up from the train station which was a nice gesture and we had a few laughs in the car ride, very nice woman. I'll be honest in that I wasn't expecting much but our stay definitely exceeded all our expectations.

This summer selecting to stay at the Montauk Motel was an easy decision as we just booked a weekend in June and will probably end up again before the summer is over.

To all the negative comments I have to assume these people are used to being pampered and are more of a hamptons type crowd. If you're worrying about the thread count on your sheets on your trip then you're not experiencing Montauk.

The only reason I was hesitant to give a good review was because I'm selfish and would prefer people continue to overlook this motel.
-Matt

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Matt P
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My family's experience at the Montauk Motel was horrible. The sheets and towels in our room did not feel clean and we woke up in the morning with bug bites all over our legs. I do not know what the bugs were but the woman at the front desk told us that they were sand fleas. We had not yet been on the sand. We checked in late and went right to bed so then where were the sand fleas? In the sheets? We felt that the customer service at the motel was incredibly rude. We also didn't like looking out our 2nd floor window and seeing all of the stray cats roaming the property.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Linda W
triplediamond23, Owner at Montauk Motel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
We have had people in this unit before and many times after this review was written and have never had a complaint .Our furniture is new and so are the carpets. The unit is clean and comfortable and in fact many of our customers request this unit all the time.You can please some of the people most of the time but not all the people all of the time.We are a family run business and take pride in our place and work very hard to keep it clean and pleasant.

Travellers are raving about these Montauk hotels

Kings Park, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had a wonderful relaxing vacation at the Montauk Motel!! I would highly recommend this place! The family staff is extremely friendly and accomodating to your every need. You are located right by main street, so you are close to great shopping, beaches, and restaurants. All the rooms are clean and updated. If you would like to have a guarantee good time in Montauk, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristin K
triplediamond23, Owner at Montauk Motel, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you gave us. It makes all the long hours and hard work worth it. Sincerely,
Claire --Montauk Motel
Whitwick, UK
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Large room and lots of space, but with a rather unpleasant odour which never went away during our 3 day stay. Very dated in terms of decor, and with a 'luxury kitchen' that contained a very scant set of crockery and a cooker from the dark ages! Nice bthroom with only a small amount of mould.
On a positive note the owners were very pleasant and accommodating and the price was good too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanellus01
New York City
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The motel is right in the heart of where you want to be in Montauk - short walk to the beach, to shops and to delicious meals. My husband & I rented bikes nearby & rode to the lighthouse. The best part of our days were returning to the Motel, to sitting outside our room & watching the sunset. The only regret was not having enough time to go swimming in the pool or to do some cooking outside with the grills provided - definitely going back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darabeth
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at the Montauk Motel this past labor day weekend and had a great time.

Pros: Awesome location- just one short block to town and two blocks to the beach. Friendly staff and great price (best price in town). Fridge in the room for drinks etc. Outside area was nice and pool was nice although we used the beach instead.

Cons: Room was smelly, bed was small and not very comfortable and towels were tiny and crunchy. I was grossed out by the room but my boyfriend couldn't have cared less.

I rated it a 3 because I would book it again since it was a great value for the Hamptons and the location was outstanding. If you don't plan on staying in your room and you are not picky then this is a good place to stay. If you need spcious, nice accomodaions then book elsewhere. For just the weekend the place was fine and it was only an $8 cab ride to most of the bars we wanted to go to (Ruschmeyers, Crows Nest and Surf Lodge. I'll be back next summer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple