“Fantastic Place to Stay...Loved this Hotel!!!”
Review of A Wave Inn

A Wave Inn
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 1 October 2007

Could not have found a better hotel. A Wave Inn is definitely the place to be, great location to Montauk village and beach! Great Staff...Sarah and her team give personalized service and gave there undivided attention to our needs. We were a party of 5 and made a request for one room and we were offered an upgrade to accomodate the full party. Great!!! Can't wait to book again next year. Sarah is well informed with what is going on in the community and can recommend up to the minute places to go or things to do while you are there. This hotel is closed for off season, and advised us of the other Dune Resort hotels that are available year round.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank Crystalchelle

Reviewed 6 July 2007

Hi

I needed to stay in Montauk for one night and the best place to stay was at " A Wave Inn". Fortunetly my husband is a chef at a near by restaurant and it was just walking distance from It, the beach and Main street. It was a pleasant stay. The manager there Sarah Malone treated us very well. I hope to go there again with our children in August.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 August 2006

Let me start by saying my husband and I are NOT picky travelers. We booked "A Wave Inn" because we had been going to the same hotel for years and thought we'd try something new. I called and hung up after no one answered, and they actually had the nerve to call back using *69/caller id???
The price was much more than we were used to, and they were so desperate, they bargained it down. That should have been my first clue.
When we arrived, the first thing we were greeted with was dog feces in the bathroom garbage. That's when we realized the room hadn't been cleaned at all. Fine, people make mistakes. After the room was cleaned, I was disappointed to note that while things had been "renovated", it was quite a bad job, and the room was no larger, or nicer than we were used to, but was $50 more per night!! We spent the next 4 days begging for toilet paper, constantly reminding management to have someone clean our room, and being made uncomfortable by shady staff members hanging out outside our room. We witnessed one young man throw a glass bottle from the courtyard in front of our room to the backdoor of a local business. We've never done this before, but we actually checked out early and demanded a refund for the night we didn't stay, with which they finally complied.
And by the way, the pool WAS closed. Just to add insult to injury, breakfast consisted of a mini 2-cup coffee maker (I'm guessing for ALL hotel guests) and some Entenmanns doughnuts. The next morning, there they were, the leftover doughnuts from yesterday.
If you want the good location, stay at Daunts, it's literally 10 feet away.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bronxteacher
Montauket, Manager at A Wave Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2006

I just read a review submitted on August 7, apparently the reviewer stayed at a motel with a similar name. All of the concerns listed did not pertain to A Wave Inn. I would like to request that they look into this matter to determine the correct location and give that location the review.

Reviewed 3 August 2006

After reading the reviews from last year, I was nervous about my booking; however, when we arrived at the Inn I was very relieved to find a clean room and friendly service. They must have updated the rooms because my room was nicely painted off-white and many of the rooms were getting new carpeting during my stay. My only complaint is that I was not able to get a crib for my one-year-old since we only stayed one night.
The pool was open and we enjoyed it. The best part is that the Inn is perfectly situated a few steps from the beach and the town, so we didn't have to drive anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank lblb
Smithtown, Long Island
Reviewed 1 July 2006

A Wave Inn was perfect for our getaway. We live on western long island, so montauk is just a weekend getaway for us. My aunt and myself decided on A Wave Inn. It could not be in a better location. While it isnt exactly ocean front, it is 30 feet from the ocean. The service and hospitality is awesome, and the town itself is great. The pool definitly needs to be renovated, but the rooms make up for it. They are fully equiped and very clean. Definitly getting your money's worth!

• Stayed: June 2005
New Yokr, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2005

I would not recommend, but if you go there make sure that the tv works and pool is open. I agree the adverising is misleading and its mismanaged.

• Stayed: August 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed 25 August 2005

There isn't enough space to list all the things I hated about A Wave Inn!! The rooms are dark, dingy and dirty. After speaking with other guests at the hotel, apparantely I had one of the larger rooms which is hard to believe. It seemed like we had to walk sideways to move around the small crowded room. The people at the front desk definately need a refresher course in hospitality. I was really annoyed when I tried to get a town permit from the motel to visit other beaches. The Chamber of Commerce told me that was the way to do it. The front desk told us they didn't have any and we should take a cab. We checked with the nearby motels and they all provided permits to their guests. I could go on and on, but the last thing I need to mention is the pool. There is definately something wrong. It was closed for 2 1/2 days during my visit and it never seemed to get fixed. The chlorine level and color of the water is horrible! The only good thing - location.
I wonder if the sunflower seed shells and dirty cups that we found in room 3 are still under the bed?!!

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montauk
Breakers MTK
The Montauk Beach House
The Montauk Beach House
#12 of 39 in Montauk
Ocean Colony Beach and Tennis Club

Been to A Wave Inn? Share your experiences!