“Best Place In Montauk”

Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Montauk
NEW YORK NEWYORK
“Best Place In Montauk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

My family and i stayed at a wave inn it was fun 40% larger room then the other motels we stayed at before in montauk. very clean comfortable amazing staff and service. great location 30 ft from beach and center of town. didnt need to drive much. two thumbs up !!

Stayed August 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2008

Some friends and I decided to do a bike trip to Montauk but were pretty lax in making hotel reservations for when we got there. A Wave Inn was one of the last and cheapest places we could find that would have us.

When we rolled up, the ladies running the place were super-accommodating and let us into a downstairs room where we could put all of our bikes. Then, the next day... they let us keep our rooms into the afternoon even though we had only reserved rooms for one night. That way we could hang out on beach longer before we left to go get on the train.

The place itself is kind of shabby, and the pool wasn't heated and they seemed to close it at like 8... but aside from that I thought it was a great experience and would stay there again.

• Liked — Nice People
  • Disliked — Cold Pool
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank barry_bonsoir
Bayshore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2007

Could not have found a better hotel. A Wave Inn is definitely the place to be, great location to Montauk village and beach! Great Staff...Sarah and her team give personalized service and gave there undivided attention to our needs. We were a party of 5 and made a request for one room and we were offered an upgrade to accomodate the full party. Great!!! Can't wait to book again next year. Sarah is well informed with what is going on in the community and can recommend up to the minute places to go or things to do while you are there. This hotel is closed for off season, and advised us of the other Dune Resort hotels that are available year round.

• Liked — Friendly staff and well informed with what events are going on in the commnuity and surrounding communities, picture perfect and neat hotel and great location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Crystalchelle
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2007

Hi

I needed to stay in Montauk for one night and the best place to stay was at " A Wave Inn". Fortunetly my husband is a chef at a near by restaurant and it was just walking distance from It, the beach and Main street. It was a pleasant stay. The manager there Sarah Malone treated us very well. I hope to go there again with our children in August.

• Disliked — two beds in the room and it was just my husband and I.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2006

Let me start by saying my husband and I are NOT picky travelers. We booked "A Wave Inn" because we had been going to the same hotel for years and thought we'd try something new. I called and hung up after no one answered, and they actually had the nerve to call back using *69/caller id???
The price was much more than we were used to, and they were so desperate, they bargained it down. That should have been my first clue.
When we arrived, the first thing we were greeted with was dog feces in the bathroom garbage. That's when we realized the room hadn't been cleaned at all. Fine, people make mistakes. After the room was cleaned, I was disappointed to note that while things had been "renovated", it was quite a bad job, and the room was no larger, or nicer than we were used to, but was $50 more per night!! We spent the next 4 days begging for toilet paper, constantly reminding management to have someone clean our room, and being made uncomfortable by shady staff members hanging out outside our room. We witnessed one young man throw a glass bottle from the courtyard in front of our room to the backdoor of a local business. We've never done this before, but we actually checked out early and demanded a refund for the night we didn't stay, with which they finally complied.
And by the way, the pool WAS closed. Just to add insult to injury, breakfast consisted of a mini 2-cup coffee maker (I'm guessing for ALL hotel guests) and some Entenmanns doughnuts. The next morning, there they were, the leftover doughnuts from yesterday.
If you want the good location, stay at Daunts, it's literally 10 feet away.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bronxteacher
Montauket, Manager at A Wave Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2006
I just read a review submitted on August 7, apparently the reviewer stayed at a motel with a similar name. All of the concerns listed did not pertain to A Wave Inn. I would like to request that they look into this matter to determine the correct location and give that location the review.

Travellers are raving about these Montauk hotels

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2006

After reading the reviews from last year, I was nervous about my booking; however, when we arrived at the Inn I was very relieved to find a clean room and friendly service. They must have updated the rooms because my room was nicely painted off-white and many of the rooms were getting new carpeting during my stay. My only complaint is that I was not able to get a crib for my one-year-old since we only stayed one night.
The pool was open and we enjoyed it. The best part is that the Inn is perfectly situated a few steps from the beach and the town, so we didn't have to drive anywhere.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank lblb
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2006

A Wave Inn was perfect for our getaway. We live on western long island, so montauk is just a weekend getaway for us. My aunt and myself decided on A Wave Inn. It could not be in a better location. While it isnt exactly ocean front, it is 30 feet from the ocean. The service and hospitality is awesome, and the town itself is great. The pool definitly needs to be renovated, but the rooms make up for it. They are fully equiped and very clean. Definitly getting your money's worth!

• Stayed June 2005