“Great Motel....”

Snug Harbor Marina & Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Snug Harbor Marina & Motel
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My family just returned from Montauk for three days. We stayed at the Snug Harbor Motel and Marina. We were happy with our stay there. Room was clean and so was the pool. Kids (we have two little girls 4 1/2 and 6 1/2.) loved the playground area and walking around to see all the boats on the dock on Lake Montauk. Motel is located right on the lake. Staff was friendly and the Motel is very close to Gossman's. We had a room with just a frig. Not a kitchenette and the room was a decent size also. We will use this Motel again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We loved it and we will be back. The Motel is very family friendly, with a nice size pool, updated, clean comfortable rooms and a fabulous water front sushi bar right next door. The new management has really done alot to fix up the motel and marina and it shows beautifully. We had a BBQ one evening and the kids played in the payground area which was right there... very handy and a real whine saver as the kids could play and be entertained OUTSIDE while I cooked and soaked up the waterfront views. The offfice personel were really nice and Lorraine the manager was super friendly and helpful. She even took my 8 year old son for a ski boat ride when she was taking her family water skiing. We had a really nice visit and I would definately recommend this really nice Motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This place is dated, but it is relatively well maintained and the rooms are clean. The rooms were well serviced during our stay and I didn't see one bug. We stayed in a two bedroom "apartment" with a kitchenette that lacked a microwave or any sort of oven -- we ate out for every meal any way, so it wasn't a big deal, but some may find it inconvenient.

The pool area was nice and well maintained. Overall, this place is worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The owners do not care about the people they rent their rooms to. They tell you you have one room and then you get there and they give you a crappy smelly and rusty room. The room we paid for was supposed to have a harbor view and the room they gave us had no view and was unliveable. They said they put new windows in but what they should do is get rid of the stench in the room and fix the rust. I wouldn't even tell my enemies to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank stef82572
Reviewed 27 March 2010

We arrived in town on a spur of the moment trip, not realizing that it was a big holiday weekend and everything was pretty much full. To further complicate matters, we had our 2 dogs with us. The owners somehow found us a room in the pet-friendly section and waited for us to arrive and check in. The room was very clean and nice, and even had a small kitchen. The resort is located at the Montauk Harbor, which is a great area to stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank droppinout
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We have been going out to Montauk for well over 25 years.We have stayed in many places in the beginning,mostly in town.Our main objective was to go fishing.Everytime we went out there we would always check out other hotels.Then we found Snug Harbor.It was and is perfect for us.Location,price,service I could not ask for more.A little over 15 years ago we started docking our whaler at the marina next door(only because snug harbor was booked)we have since stayed with that marina with a much bigger boat,but we always stay at snug harbor.I have stayed there over the years with my young son,then as he became a teenager with his friends,my in-laws,my brother and his family from Fla.and friends.This to me is the perfect place for any age.Close to everything.I have stayed in many different rooms there.I even stayed in the pet friendly room with our rabbit. As far as the staff goes they were fantastic.The woman at the front desk has been there as far as I can remember and she is great.She will give you great info and alot of laughs.If you are looking for the Ritz then this place is not for you,but if you want a clean comfortable,relaxing place...this is the one .I would highly reccomend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank luv2fishPa_
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I've been going to Montauk for summer vacations since I was a child, and I still do, now with my own children. The only thing I don't love about modern-day Montauk is that it isn't really MY Montauk any more...but Snug Harbor is. THIS is what I remember from 30 years ago...fishing - real fishing, not snooty, rich-people "fishing". Beaches are nearby (except the one that USED to be across the street...now owned by a jerk who thinks it's his responsibility to keep people from enjoying themselvs), shopping nearby, yoga nearby, seafood everywhere you look - how can you beat it? No, this isn't the Ritz (and if that's what you're looking for, try Montauk Yacht Club), but if you're a regular person looking for a Montauk getaway with other regular people, this is the place for you!! One other note...the housekeepers might be the most trustworthy housekeepers in the universe, and they do a fantastic job! In spite of Montauk being different now (and what part of Long Island ISN'T different now?), it's still one of my favorite places on Earth...*sigh*
P.S. There is a grumpy lady at the front desk, so be prepared, but she's not awful once you get to know her.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family