“This was bait and switch and the rooms smelled like mildew”

Snug Harbor Marina & Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Snug Harbor Marina & Motel
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Montauk
Great Neck, New York
“This was bait and switch and the rooms smelled like mildew”
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The owners do not care about the people they rent their rooms to. They tell you you have one room and then you get there and they give you a crappy smelly and rusty room. The room we paid for was supposed to have a harbor view and the room they gave us had no view and was unliveable. They said they put new windows in but what they should do is get rid of the stench in the room and fix the rust. I wouldn't even tell my enemies to stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank stef82572

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 March 2010

We arrived in town on a spur of the moment trip, not realizing that it was a big holiday weekend and everything was pretty much full. To further complicate matters, we had our 2 dogs with us. The owners somehow found us a room in the pet-friendly section and waited for us to arrive and check in. The room was very clean and nice, and even had a small kitchen. The resort is located at the Montauk Harbor, which is a great area to stay!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank droppinout
Pa.
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We have been going out to Montauk for well over 25 years.We have stayed in many places in the beginning,mostly in town.Our main objective was to go fishing.Everytime we went out there we would always check out other hotels.Then we found Snug Harbor.It was and is perfect for us.Location,price,service I could not ask for more.A little over 15 years ago we started docking our whaler at the marina next door(only because snug harbor was booked)we have since stayed with that marina with a much bigger boat,but we always stay at snug harbor.I have stayed there over the years with my young son,then as he became a teenager with his friends,my in-laws,my brother and his family from Fla.and friends.This to me is the perfect place for any age.Close to everything.I have stayed in many different rooms there.I even stayed in the pet friendly room with our rabbit. As far as the staff goes they were fantastic.The woman at the front desk has been there as far as I can remember and she is great.She will give you great info and alot of laughs.If you are looking for the Ritz then this place is not for you,but if you want a clean comfortable,relaxing place...this is the one .I would highly reccomend this hotel

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank luv2fishPa_
chasegoobers
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I've been going to Montauk for summer vacations since I was a child, and I still do, now with my own children. The only thing I don't love about modern-day Montauk is that it isn't really MY Montauk any more...but Snug Harbor is. THIS is what I remember from 30 years ago...fishing - real fishing, not snooty, rich-people "fishing". Beaches are nearby (except the one that USED to be across the street...now owned by a jerk who thinks it's his responsibility to keep people from enjoying themselvs), shopping nearby, yoga nearby, seafood everywhere you look - how can you beat it? No, this isn't the Ritz (and if that's what you're looking for, try Montauk Yacht Club), but if you're a regular person looking for a Montauk getaway with other regular people, this is the place for you!! One other note...the housekeepers might be the most trustworthy housekeepers in the universe, and they do a fantastic job! In spite of Montauk being different now (and what part of Long Island ISN'T different now?), it's still one of my favorite places on Earth...*sigh*
P.S. There is a grumpy lady at the front desk, so be prepared, but she's not awful once you get to know her.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank chasegoobers
New York
Reviewed 1 September 2008

It was not the best time. I've been here before & it had been better. The quality of service has changed.
It seems as if there is no supervision of the workers.
My main complaints would be that my rooms were not ready when we got there at 5pm, even though check in time was
posted at 2pm.
Also, there was a very bad smell, a sewerage smell.
The lady at the front desk denied a smell & was somewhat agitated when I complained about it.
The next day there was a truck pumping the septic tanks.
Also the ice machine was locked between 9pm-9am.
????

• Liked — pet friendly, pool, close to harbor/marinas
  • Disliked — the smell, the flies
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank fisherman-wife

Travellers are raving about these Montauk hotels

Suffolk, Long Island
Reviewed 29 October 2007

My husband and I just returned from our "runaway from home" weekend at the Snug Harbor Resort and Motel in Montauk on Long Island. We had an efficiency room with a kitchenette, two queen-sized beds, a small table with 4 chairs and a balcony overlooking the marina. We had a delightful time. The Snug Harbor Resort is a perfect place for a quiet vacation in a real setting. We were able to watch from our window working fishermen ready their boats in the morning and return with their catch in the early evening. The room was simple but absolutely clean. We had everything that we could use. My husband has spinal problems, so the only thing that he missed was a comfortable chair to watch tv. Otherwise, for the price, this place was just perfect for us.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — It didn't have a comfortable chair to watch tv.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Grammy-55
South Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2006

I'll be returning this year to Snug Harbor but I thought others might like to know how I liked it in 2004. I go to fish Montauk. Perfectly located for fishermen on the harbor the motel is a well maintained facility with a good dining (lunch and dinner)in walking distance. Nice rooms, nothing fancy at all. A number of charter fishing vessels berthed right at the hotel's marina, as well as a very large selection at other nearby marinas. Maybe a 2 minute drive to the heart of the fishing community.
Downtown Montauk is about a 5-8 minute drive away and if you go there do NOT miss one of the loveliest bakeries on Long Island. It's right off the main street by the traffic circle.
Snug Harbor is a way better value than most well known, pricey alternatives on the tip of the Island. Well, many well run smaller motels are better deals but I was very happy here. In 2005 we tried another small, nice motel across the street. No complaints, nice people, good room but Snug Harbor's water views made it a better place to stay.
If you want a simple, clean motel room on the water (even if its just a marina) this is a good choice. If you'd rather do your touristy shopping without having to get in your car, downtown may be better.

• Stayed June 2004