“Relaxing Beach House”

Sunrise Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Montauk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in the Sunrise Guest House for 5 nights. It was the most relaxing vacation. This house has beautiful views of the ocean from the veranda, and their guest rooms.
I was also impressed with their fresh fruits served for breakfast. We had the opportunity to share interesting conversations with the other guests. Sipping our morning coffee, and viewing the ocean in the morning sun, was an unforgettable moment. We enjoyed Montauk, but also had opportunities to visit East Hampton for shopping, and Sag Harbor for interesting evening restaurants. The owners Jim, and Gabriela were very nice. Thank you Jim and Gabriela for making our stay very comfortable. We cant wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tanya_and_Brad

Reviewed 5 August 2012

we were at Sunrise Guest House from july 31 to august 3 2012.the place looked and offered exactly what i expected.Everything was perfect starting from breakfast which is very rich in fresh fruit and everything.else you can eat or drink for breakfast until night when you can view the ocean and the moonlight from your windows all night or get deep sleep.we were in room 3 ,front view.,a delicious flat with spacious bedroom and living and an as delicious bathroom with a fantasticshower.The owners,though we usually dealt with Jim welcoming,helpful for any inconvenience.i was so fascinated that i am planning to go next year but this time for a longer stay..Believe me it's paradise,and as uncontaminated.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mapiliPalermo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed here for 4th of July and was very impressed. The suite was not available for our first two nights, so at first we were in one of the smaller rooms, where I was not very comfortable (not used to sleeping in a double bed). When we moved to the suite it was a world of difference. Really lovely, comfortable, with a nice little living room that opens onto the porch. The owners are very caring. It's a longish walk into town, but we didn't mind. The beach is across the street and has Wi-Fi, so I was able to work and relax at the same time. I would definitely stay here again for a quiet weekend as a couple. Would not recommend if you are looking for a scene.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kate0614
Reviewed 10 July 2012

After staying at this B&B many times over the years, I was treated very badly by the owner recently. He had double booked my Reserved Room and after making the trip all the way out to Montauk, I found that I was being offered a small dark room in the back instead. I have always booked front of the house Suites facing the Ocean. I would never stay in the room I was offered.

Sadly, I had to return to NYC 15 minutes after I arrived.

Now the Owner will not take a reservation from me ever again. Apparently he was upset that I was upset to find that my Reservation was taken by someone else. Clearly this is a mixed up mess of a place. I would look elsewhere. There are many Inns in Montauk that would be happy to have you stay with them.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank dwat109
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

In response to" Don't stay here"July 10,2012. This woman is talking about something that happened on Sept.19,2011 and low & behold I get an e-mail & a phone call from her July,9,2012
wanting to make a reservation at Sunrise Guest House "Again" I am the owner & what this woman wrote is a complete fabrication.When she arrived her name was on the chalk board for
room#3,a lovely oceanview suite.She went into a snit & saidshe was suppose to be in room # 2
also an oceanview suite.She refused to listen to anything I had to say,even the fact that the nice people in room # 2 said they would move to room # 3.She refused,said it was to late,and demanded her deposit back,which I gave back on a 4 nite stay & I lost 2 nites rental because
it was a last minute cancellation.She was informed we would not be taking a reservation from
her anymore(she was told this on July 9 or 10,2012) Hense her misguided response to Trip Advisor,Instead of just apologizing for her odd & unacceptable behavior. Owner/ Jim B.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed in a larger room on the second floor, extremely relaxing hearing the waves roll in. The beach is just outside the door only 5-10 minutes walk to the village. (Breakfast is like home, also meaning that you have to make it yourself) Stayed a couple of days and would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank VajVaj
Reviewed 18 June 2012

our room was beautiful, the bigger room overlooking the ocean. The room was very clean and right across the beach. The breakfast was simple and basic nothing fancy. Overall we had a great stay and would definitely return. Prices are very reasonable for the area.

Room Tip: we stayed in room number 2- very nice