“Best deal in Montauk, Best Sunset View, Only for the Laid Back Traveller!”
Review of Montauket Hotel

Montauket Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Montauket Hotel
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 22 October 2010

My spouse and I (we live in Brooklyn) love to come here and stay in one of the water view rooms (there are only two so when you call you must specifically ask for one). You can spend your day at the beach, come back to the room and get to walk a few steps for food and alcohol, and not having to drive afterwards. The food is very good and the bar is fabulous fun. Every age group, all kinds of wonderful rowdiness.The "hotel" is a house attached to the restaurant/bar, and the rooms are NOT fancy, this is a no frills place with twin beds and no TV; you share a bathroom down the hall. But to us it's like staying a college house share. We're 38, so not spring chickens, but it's still a lot of fun to come here and enjoy the liberated atmosphere. I would only recommend to my laid back friends, never to anyone who is fussy, a neat freak, and looking for an all amenities hotel. And finally, THE VIEW FROM HERE IS ETHEREAL!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeorginaGeorgina

Reviewed 21 June 2010

There nothing else to say than the place is a complete dive. Terrible old beds, nasty linens, filthy showers and rundown period. 1960 rooms in 2010. Cheap prices but not worth the poor conditions. But I will say something positive. great bar and views for sunsets with a local crowd.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank yapdiver
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I have been to dinner and the bar here, which are both great. I thought the hotel would be of the same quality, but I was wrong. I knew that some inn's and motel's in montauk are no frills, but this was a bit extreme. I paid for a room with a shower and two beds. I didn't want to touch anything in the room once I walked in. The bed was gross, with a mattress from the 50s. The shower worked, but had no curtain. the towels were washed, but still had many brown stains on them. I ended up leaving before it got dark and paying 4x more for the last hotel room I could find in montauk. I didnt feel like it would be safe to spend the night.

If you wish to stay here, ask to see the room first then make your decision.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Beach_Lover999
Reviewed 24 August 2007

This was the dirtiest, most uncomfortable hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathroom didn't appear to have been cleaned for weeks (hair, dust on the floor, toothpaste stains around the sink) and was in very poor condition (broken tile, peeling paint). Beds were extremely uncomfortable, we could feel every spring in the mattresses,and the blankets had cigarette burns in them.
The hotel overlooks the ocean, and the views were very good, but all the window screens were broken, and it was difficult to open/close the blinds without them falling off .
I would not recommend anybody stay here except as an absolute last resort. Cheap, but not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family