“Loved It”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Sail Inn of Montauk
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Babylon, New York
“Loved It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Sail Inn last October and we hope to do so again. The owners were wonderful and so accomodating and friendly. When I first called to make the reservation, I had absolutely no problem and they even let me make my reservation without a credit card hold - (that's absolutely unheard of today). The room was clean, (we had one on the first level) and it was in walking distance of Gossmers Pier and the marina. We had a wonderful time, and while it is no frills - we did have a whirlpool tub, and the room was a nice size. Go and enjoy - oh and if you're a fan of the original King Kong movie - ask the owner about his father - he was one of the stunt pilots at the end of the movie.....

• Liked — I liked that it was peaceful and relaxing, while being near things.
  • Disliked — There was no water view, but I only had to walk around the block to be at the marina!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

I would've liked to stay at Sail Inn, but unfortunately the process for making a reservation with this hotel was extremely painful and futile. I called one night to make a reservation and was told to call back the next morning to book a room that was available. I did, and no one picked up. Called back later and was told to call after 3pm for the room that was still available. Called back after 3pm and was told to call back after 5pm. Called back after 5pm and what do you know, the room was no longer available.

I can't imagine service to guests of the hotel is much better...

Stayed August 2008
2 Thank CTTraveler82
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2007

I stayed at The Sail Inn of Montauk with a group of 4 for a weekend and it was a wonderful experience. It's pretty no-frills, but very affordable and clean, and rooms have free wi-fi, albeit a slow connection. It's on the northern part of Montauk, close to the Sound, but if you have a car, everything is close by. Restaurants are in walking distance. George and Joanne are wonderful hosts, and you can have a drink with them and maybe even some interesting Montauk characters at the hotel restaurant/bar. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to experience the dinner specials or happy hour, but beers are cheap even outside of happy hour.

If you're visiting Montauk, stay at the Sail Inn and you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)