“Charming!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Sail Inn of Montauk
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Quechee, Vermont
“Charming!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just stayed at the Sail Inn Of Montauk and it was lovely!! Great for the kids as it's right by Gossman's where they could go exploring, and in a wonderful area for them to freely run around. We enjoyed the beach (close by) and the hotel was clean, cheap and cheerful!! We will stay again!

Room Tip: The owner, George, knew we wanted to be near our kids' room and was very accommodating to save u...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gigi M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Just spent two days at sail inn. Bst service and cleanest rooms ive ever seen. Worth the trip. Great food also! We were near all the shops an d fishing boats and enjoyed some beautiful sunsets from our deck. The management is helpful and we enjnoyed the bar downstairs filled with interesting locals. We will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Stoneham, MA
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Book a Fishing Trip on OH Brother out of Montauk Harbor. Rob the Captain of Oh Brother referred me to Sail Inn to stay over for a few nights.I booked a few rooms for a couple of nights. The day I'm heading to Montauk I find out 2 people canceled on me and I only need 1 room. I call George, the owner and let him know I'd only be needing one room, knowing I was on the hook for 2. We showed up, and he charged me for only one night of the second room........wait it gets better, the girl that checked me in said if she could rent the 2nd night,I'd get a refund. We checked into the room then headed out for the night to check out the town, stopped in the little bar under the motel for a beer before going up stairs. The girl that checked us in who is also the barMaid, made my night and said.....hey I rented the other room and proceeded to credit my card ( It was Sundayof Labor Day weekend ) Great start to a Awesome weekend..... Perfect Location, price was right,( Not 4 or 5 star but not 200. a night either and I thank George enough for being so Fair................Fishing turned out to be AWESOME,even tho I left my sea legs on shore...............If your looking for a Private Fishing Charter Oh Brother is the way to go , Caught Blues,Mahi,Mahi,A few sharks that we released,and a Tuna to top off the day

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RodFStoneham_MA
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at the Sail Inn while we were in Montauk. The owners and housekeepers were friendly, and the bartenders at the onsite pub were very accommodating. For being located in the Hamptons, this hotel is very affordable. The rooms were clean, and within walking distance to the Montauk harbor, gift shops and other restaurants. We will definitely be staying here next time we visit Montauk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 999amyp
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 September 2012

just got back from a 3 night stay at the Sail Inn with my boyfriend -- and we had a lovely stay! the owner and staff were very nice and welcoming. :) if you're looking for a nice stay in Montauk without breaking the bank - this is a great choice! it's in a convenient, beautiful area and the room was very spacious. the jacuzzi tub worked wonders on my boyfriend's back that was killing him after a 9 hour drive. so maybe it's not the Ritz Carlton, but if you're not picky, you really can't beat the price. we will definitely be staying here again in the future! :) and don't forget to take them a shotglass from your hometown -- they just might hook you up with a free drink in the bar!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lindsaymarieee
Ledgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The owner/manager of this motel is downright nasty! He needs to be on medication. After calling for availability, I decided that I wouldn't stay here if he paid me. Just call - and you'll see what I mean.

Room Tip: Rude and nasty owner
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank JoAnn S
East Lyme CT
Reviewed 10 August 2012

DISUSTING, I just signed up for trip advisor and decided to look up the reviews of the Sail Inn because I stayed there 2 years ago. It was the worst place I could have ever imagined, hence why I’m taking the energy to write this even though it was a few years ago. The first sign of trouble was when I had to check into the hotel at the bar with the DRUNK bartender WTF!! Next I walked into the room and found nothing pleasant. I could go on into details but just look at the picutres of one of the last reviews. How is this place still in business and how would anyone give it a good review . Read the review from spag73 they are 100% accurate. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family