“Disgusting”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Sail Inn of Montauk
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 26 March 2009

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. The man at the front desk was rude, and very unprofessional. Anytime my husband and I asked for directions or if he could recommend any places to eat he would give us short answers while talking on his cell phone. The rooms were unclean, and our nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. Would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Momof2_9

Reviewed 27 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Sail Inn last October and we hope to do so again. The owners were wonderful and so accomodating and friendly. When I first called to make the reservation, I had absolutely no problem and they even let me make my reservation without a credit card hold - (that's absolutely unheard of today). The room was clean, (we had one on the first level) and it was in walking distance of Gossmers Pier and the marina. We had a wonderful time, and while it is no frills - we did have a whirlpool tub, and the room was a nice size. Go and enjoy - oh and if you're a fan of the original King Kong movie - ask the owner about his father - he was one of the stunt pilots at the end of the movie.....

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I would've liked to stay at Sail Inn, but unfortunately the process for making a reservation with this hotel was extremely painful and futile. I called one night to make a reservation and was told to call back the next morning to book a room that was available. I did, and no one picked up. Called back later and was told to call after 3pm for the room that was still available. Called back after 3pm and was told to call back after 5pm. Called back after 5pm and what do you know, the room was no longer available.

I can't imagine service to guests of the hotel is much better...

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank CTTraveler82
Reviewed 24 October 2007

I stayed at The Sail Inn of Montauk with a group of 4 for a weekend and it was a wonderful experience. It's pretty no-frills, but very affordable and clean, and rooms have free wi-fi, albeit a slow connection. It's on the northern part of Montauk, close to the Sound, but if you have a car, everything is close by. Restaurants are in walking distance. George and Joanne are wonderful hosts, and you can have a drink with them and maybe even some interesting Montauk characters at the hotel restaurant/bar. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to experience the dinner specials or happy hour, but beers are cheap even outside of happy hour.

If you're visiting Montauk, stay at the Sail Inn and you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)