“Shabby chic in a stunning location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantic Terrace Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Atlantic Terrace Motel
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Stony Brook, New York
“Shabby chic in a stunning location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I just spent two wonderful nights at the Atlantic Terrace. The laid back atmosphere was relaxing and refreshing. I love going luxury but this experience was truly just as special. The location is exquisite. The views were breath taking. It is a family resort but we were comfortable as adult couples. I saw all ages. Unlike some reviews, I found the staff to be very accommodating. Our room overlooked a courtyard that had tables with umbrellas. We love meeting there to share beverages and light meals. The room is tiny, but clean and functional. I loved it and I will return. It was like an old-fashioned, unpretentious hotel from a less complicated time. Try it!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the courtyard!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Stony Brook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at the Atlantic Terrace. The location was amazing and the accommodations were laid back and comfortable. Our room overlooked a courtyard with patio tables. Each day we would meet our friends for a light meal or beverage in between spending time on the beautiful beach. While I love 5 star hotels, I also loved this little place. Our room had been newly renovated. It was tiny, clean and functional. The beauty of AT is the location and the casual vibe. Staff was lovely. I didn't experience any rudeness as described in some of the reviews. Our friends have visited several times and they love this hotel, but they did once have an experience when the hotel was rented to a large group who made a lot of noise. When I book my next visit, I will inquire about whether there is a group event going on. We did not have that experience. The Cafe was open this morning and I loved the food and staff at the Atlantic Terrace Cafe. Great breakfast sandwiches. I thought this was an old fashioned family hotel and I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Farmingv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have to say that when my husband and I arrived (our first time here) we were greeted by someone who was not interested in helping us find the lobby and where to park. We get to the lobby to check in and there is no place to park. I go inside to ask the receptionist where to park, she tells me that I have to park blocks away till the official check in! I said I just needed some information because we had never stayed here before. She was rude and could care less about helping me. She said we would be towed away if we parked on the property before checking in! I have never had an experience like this before. However, the room we stayed in was very clean with a very comfortable bed. We had a stall shower in our bathroom... Soon tiny. The pool was nice. The cafe food was good, but it is also too small and crazy busy. Needs to be bigger to accommodate people, ie. families.

Room Tip: Don't settle for a small room , b/c the shower is tiny! Also get a room that you can see the w...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bette O
Huntington, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed here one weekend at the suggestion of friends. While the location is terrific, the experience was terrible!! Upon checking in, I witnessed another guest complaining about the noise from partying teens at the hotel. When I questioned the desk clerk about this, I was informed that no one under 25 is allowed to stay at the property and no one was partying and making noise.
After dinner, we returned to the hotel. The rooms were very clean but the walls were "paper thin". You could hear everything in adjacent rooms from every word on the TV to low level conversations.
At 10pm, the noise really began from groups of partying teens. There was yelling and screaming, teens running through the halls, and inebriated teenage girls crying in the hallway.
This continued until 4am! We called the front desk 5-6 times and were told security would be sent. Since we heard everything, security was never sent, this was simply lip service. When I questioned the front desk about prom parties being held there, I was told that was not true. Yet, when I went outside during this noise, I witnessed several of the teens wearing sweatshirts from a Nassau County high school.
After sleeping 2-3 hours at best, I went to the Mighty Montauk Triathlon to cheer on some friends. I called the hotel from the race to indicate I did not want to stay there that night (2 night minimum). After being hassled about getting out of the reservation, they finally relented but informed me I needed to get to the hotel in 10 minutes. I had to leave the race and go back to gather my things at the hotel.
I ended up moving to a much nicer peaceful location west of this hotel and enjoyed a great night in Montauk.
Beware of this property, especially in early june!

Room Tip: very noisy property
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lyonskj

Travellers are raving about these Montauk hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I loved the location of this hotel. In the village but at the edge of town and removed from the noise and business of the center of town, a short walk. Room was not large but clean, lovely and airy with a small but adequate balcony which afforded both pool and ocean views. A screen door allowed for lulling to sleep with the sound of the surf. Delightful. WiFi was available in the game room but, frankly, the lack of available WiFi in my room would be my only complaint. This isn't a cheap hotel option and the available WiFi wasn't even reliable. Once I was assured by management that the WiFi issues were being addressed and they were working on getting access directly in the rooms, I decided that I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bonnie A
Southampton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Everything from the location, to the newly renovated rooms to the friendly service at the cafe made our stay here enjoyable.

Waking up to the sound of the surf and some of the best breakfast sandwiches in Montauk helped make our stay even better! As guests, we had access to lounge at the pool, which overlooks the ocean, or head down to the beach for a day of fun in the sun.

Rooms are clean, neat and offer a small kitchenette, which is very convenient for preparing snacks and food to bring to the beach.

Close to town, walking distance to all. Great place for a family vacation, or to stay with friends! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Centerport ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Every year we meet at the Atlantic Terrace for a week of family fun. There are five families which include 10 adults and 11 children, ages 8 to 16 years old. In addition we spend at least 2 to 3 additional weekends during each summer. We have stayed at other resorts in the past and The Atlantic Terrace is our favorite hands down! The motel is right on the ocean and has a beautiful pool and multi-level patios to enjoy!! There is a snack bar that is run by the nicest family and they serve the best food at prices that a fair. Don't miss their French toast for breakfast! Management and staff are friendly and accommodating.
The grounds are beautiful and filled with beautiful flowers. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Remember that you are on the beach, it is not the Ritz. There is a security guard on duty to ensure that patrons follow the rules for everyone's enjoyment. We have always felt that the establishment is well run and safe and we have had or heard of no improper or unsafe issues reported by a few on this site. We have recommended this wonderful motel to many of our friends who now bring their family and friends.

Room Tip: Best buys are the garden views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family