I stayed here with my wife and 1.5 year old over Memorial Day Weekend and was very pleased. The staff was very nice and accommodating (we got into town earlier than expected and they expedited room prep and check-in). We had a beautifully renovated beach front unit complete with kitchen and living area. There was ample parking and the complex was quiet. The beach was steps away from the back door of the unit (towels, umbrellas and lounge chairs are all set-up), and there was deck area with lounge chairs and a grill for bbq'ing. The hotel has great wifi. Even though the unit had a coffee makers, the front office had coffee prepared every morning which was great when I didn't feel like brewing my own. My wife enjoyed beach front yoga classes and my son enjoyed playing with other kids at the hotel. There's a great pool, playground area and basketball court for the kids as well. The hotel also had beautifully maintained tennis courts. We had no problem getting cabs for the short ride into town and the hotel itself has a couple of great spots within walking distance (Clam Bar and Cyril's).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Driftwood Resort, where family-friendly accommodations, supreme amenities and exceptional service come together to create a first-class experience. A beachfront resort just minutes from the famous Montauk Point Lighthouse and steps from the Atlantic Ocean, our resort on the pristine Amagansett Napeague strip sits on picturesque grounds, offers panoramic ocean vistas and is conveniently located. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Driftwood on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood On The Ocean Hotel Montauk
- Driftwood On The Ocean Montauk, New York