Montauk Blue Hotel
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$170
Sun 'N' Sound(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$162
Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$189
Surf Club Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$149
Hero Beach Club(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$206
Travelocity
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$251
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$212
Beachcomber Resort At Montauk(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$167
Travelocity
The Ocean Resort Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$177
Montauk Manor(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$186
All reviewsocean frontindoor poolocean beach resortsecond floorkeurig coffee makermini fridgeoff seasoncomfy bedking roomperfect locationstove topshower headmini vacationan ocean view roomwalking distancefront officesound of the waves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago (thankfully a friend treated) and I couldnt believe what the nightly rate was! For a 2 night stay here you can travel to the caribbean for a week! Its convinently located on the beach but definitely not worth the $800/night rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank deevel79
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I hope that you had a great couple of days in Montauk and we hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I am a twenty-five year plus guest to Montauk Blue (formerly The Ocean Beach Resort) Nice, very nice! Right on the ocean, and a short walk into the hamlet. Ocean views are tops. New renovations are bright and cheery; the refrigerators are way to small, The little kitchenette has been replaced with a small fridge and microwave. That is he only drawback. The staff is nice, attentive and available. The room staff are fantastic. Nice pool and Carlos is one of the best pool people. I was here just before high season, so Montauk was still on the quiet side. Montauk Blue is excellent for families; between the beach and pool, children will enjoy themselves. Enjoy and relax!

Room Tip: If you like sleeping to the sound of the surf, take the second floor rooms as you can sleep with the door open to hear the surf. If drinking on the beach, keep your wine, beer etc. covered East Hampton town is very strict about that. Respect the sand dunes - they help protect the buildings and hamlet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Antares P
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I really hope these are only the first 25 years of patronage from you and your family. I am personally very flattered that you continue to choose our Hotel for your Montauk vacations. We appreciate every single word of praise and take very much into consideration your objective comments and experienced drawbacks. I will personally congratulate Carlos on your behalf and take this opportunity to commend his outstanding service to our guests.
Thank you for giving us a chance to impress you with our new product and don't hesitate to call me directly the next time that you plan to come to Montauk.

The entire MBH family is looking forward welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying I travel a lot on business and my standards are high.

We have stayed here for several long weekends during the past several years. I have written previous reviews but this one catches up on the changes and recent experiences.

This hotel still offers a great location and, with the recent renovations, remains a cut above most Montauk hotels. As before, the rooms are clean. The room decor has been upgraded. We did not have the kitchenette furnishings but we don't need them or want them. The bedding is good and comfortable. I would prefer firmer pillows but that's a matter of taste. There were plenty of them. Overall, the room is improved and modern though still far from luxurious. The bathrooms are almost completely renovated though, by the chipped porcelain, I suspect that the tub has been recycled. No signs of rust, corrosion or mildew which is a problem in such a location if the proprietors don't stay on top of things. Towels were of decent weight and shower water pressure is better than average.

There are only a few critiques. The carpet seemed wet when we checked in. Did they just shampoo the carpet? If so, it should be thoroughly dry before assigning a room to a guest. This wet carpet really was unpleasant. It seemed to dry overnight. Minor detail but the room could use a 2nd garbage pail. The one in the bathroom was tiny and we ended up taking out our own garbage. (I don't know about you but I don't want to take out garbage when on vacation) . They should send out cleaning people to remove guest towels and garbage from the deck. It sits there for quite some time.

Food for thought...
1. Avoid rooms by the pool area if you don't want kids running by your room all the time.
2. To avoid the sound of people walking above you, take a 2nd floor room. It's a PIA getting your stuff upstairs but you won't have folks walking on your ceiling day and night.
3. Prices went up quite a bit since last year. There are a lot nicer places to stay for the money alas not in Montauk.
4. This is not directly related to the hotel but the beach seemed dirtier than in previous years. More garbage left on the beach. Not nice.

Someday, perhaps, a major chain with meticulous standards may build a place in Montauk. However, it may never happen given the short season and the demographics (Montauk targets families looking for an inexpensive vacation). Until then, this is probably the best place to stay.

Will we come again and stay here? Probably. With all it's weaknesses, Montauk is a pleasant enough vacation that is quick and easy enough for us to take for a long weekend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank mitchm11741

Dear Guest,
I have to take my "hat off" to you and the degree of objectivity in which your review is written. It is a perfect and clear collage of facts that luckily are mostly positive in our case. Your words illustrate that although our property and product are outstanding, we have the opportunity and definite will to improve even more.
Thank you for staying with us.
Please, allow us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We just stayed here for one night. The room was very nicely appointed, looks recently redone. The shower was probably one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. But really, it was all about the views. We had a second floor Queen size room, oceanfront. It was absolutely spectacular. The beach was awesome. Very convenient to walk into town. Didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked very clean and well taken care of. Would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Had a corner upstairs room, so we had side views and extra window. Southwest side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldiedn
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,
It is always a pleasure to hear such a positive feedback from our guests. My team and I are extremely happy that your experience at Montauk Blue Hotel was a success.
My only "disappointment" is that you were here for only one night!
I really wish that you had more time to enjoy to the fullest our completely redesigned rooms and magnificent weather.
Hopefully we will see you again before the season ends.

Again, Thank you for choosing Montauk Blue Hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We returned for the first time since the Ocean Beach has come under new ownership. Some nice upgrades to the room including new carpeting and new fixtures. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed to find that the new appliances eliminated the stove top, the spacious mini fridge and the coffee maker. The new fridge could fit a container of orange juice and a container of yogurt and not much else. There was also no hair dryer in the bathroom and only a stall shower. The pool has very limited hours and no lifeguard on duty except during the weekend. We arrived at the pool at 4:00 pm and were just about to take a dip and were told that the pool was closed and they could not accommodate us for an additional 15 minutes -- very disappointing for 2 children. We miss the amenities of the old Ocean Beach.

Room Tip: oceanfront rooms are the best and if you're on the ground floor you can walk out onto the beach from your porch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonatina701
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologize for not being able to satisfy you to the fullest during your last visit. It is my goal and my duty to assure that your experience with us is enjoyable and flawless. I share your concern for the situation that you encountered at the pool and I guarantee you that situations like that will not reoccur.
As far as coffee makers, they are located inside your closet. hairdryers are available and delivered to your room immediately upon request.
We hope that you give us another opportunity and I personally hope to see you soon.