Montauk Blue Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$212
Daunt's Albatross Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$98
Breakers MTK(Montauk)
US$204
  • Pool
US$173
Orbitz.com
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$1,218
US$1,065
Kenny's Tipperary Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$144
Travelocity
Aqualina Inn Montauk(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$177
Travelocity
The Ocean Resort Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$177
Montauk Manor(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$173
All reviewsocean frontindoor poolocean beach resortsecond floorkeurig coffee makermini fridgeoff seasoncomfy bedking roomperfect locationstove topshower headmini vacationan ocean view roomwalking distancefront officesound of the waves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Montauk Blue Hotel last night(8/14/14) for our 43rd anniversary. It was a wonderful experience. The ocean/surf were just steps away from our balcony. The staff upgraded our room once they became aware of our anniversary.( which was unexpected.) From what I could observe, every room in the complex had ocean views and close access to the white power beach. In the morning the beach sand is raked and cleaned. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the center of town where there is shopping, restaurants and pubs. Montauk Point lighthouse is 6 mile drive away. The only negative comment was the lack of parking but being in the center of all the action,proximity to several other hotels and all the tourism I guess that has to be expected. All that's needed were few palm trees and one would think your at a tropical resort. Looking foreword to next years visit.
pel815@verizon.net

Room Tip: Check in time is 3pm which is a very busy time.Parking is a slight problem but towards early evening when the beach goers left, several parking spaces were available. That's my only negative comment The complex is clean and well maintained.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter L
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Peter,
We are definitely bringing the Miami Beach feeling and Vibe. Yet, the Palm Trees are going to be a stretch... We may surprise you the next time that you come to Montauk Blue Hotel with a coconut infused welcome drink cocktail :) There's always something to celebrate here at Montauk Blue.

Please, come back soon and thank you very much for your flattering review.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Here's a new style of review: one you write before you even stay at the hotel. When I booked my room at Montauk Blue, I had given a new credit card number that didn't go through because my bank didn't have it set up with my correct checking account. Immediately I received an email from the company I booked the room with (Booking.com) saying my card didn't go through so I lost the room. When I called Booking.com they said the hotel had no more availability listed on their site. I had travel plans to the location and everything in the area was booked solid. I thought my vacation was ruined. I was devastated.

Next, I decided to call the hotel. I was told that the room I booked online had now been sold to another person. I was disappointed again. Next, I was told that the only rooms left were much more expensive because they were bigger and because the time period fell on a holiday weekend. I told them how I had planned this weekend for a long time and how much it meant to me. Immediately the manager got on the phone and said he was going to make up for the unfortunate circumstances with my credit card by giving me an UPGRADED room, ON THE OCEAN, WITH A TERRACE for the SAME PRICE my original room was booked for (mind you, not oceanside and much smaller).

These days, it's very rare to find customer service like this. I really felt like the manager went above and beyond. He saved my vacation and gave it an even better view. ;)
Now that's hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ash G
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear "Future Guest",
I am very happy that Marcos Oliveira our Assistant General Manager was able to begin your Hotel experience on a very positive note.
We definitely value your comments and will continue enhancing your experience upon arrival and during your stay.
We strive to provide you the best service there is, our purpose and mission is to make sure that your stay is flawless and that you expectations are met.

Please, don't hesitate to reach out to Marcos or myself during your stay. We would love to say hi.

Thank you and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is going to be a long review in hopes of being helpful to other travelers. I'm reviewing the hotel as well as our trip to Montauk.We stayed at the Montauk Blue Hotel from August 6th - 11th. From walking the beach, we made the right choice as far as location and surroundings. We drove from Western NY, so our trip was over 8 hours. We left at night to avoid traffic and arrived earlier than the check-in time. We were hoping to get an early check-in, however, we were told the room was not ready. At first we were disappointed(and extremely tired from the drive) but decided to make the most of it and, at the suggestion of the woman at the desk, changed into our suits in the pool dressing rooms and hit the beach. The view was amazing and even though we wanted to get into our room and unpack, we enjoyed the beach until she called our cell, just before 3, to tell us our room is ready. We hurried to unpack to get back on the beach! The rooms are recently renovated and are nicely done. We had the ocean view king first floor. The bed was extremely comfortable!! I had read the reviews before coming on our trip and here is my take on some of the comments; yes, the fridge is small. It is the size of a dorm fridge but not deep. There are two shelves and the door itself could only fit jelly packets. We had 4 small bottles of creamers a couple snapples and a few snacks in there. Like I said, I knew it wouldn't be big so we brought a cooler. Yes, there is only one small trash can in the bathroom but to me these two things are minor and the latter is just being picky. We met Gabriel, the GM, on our first day and he explained they are not finished renovating and are going to be making more improvements, He was very open to suggestions we gave. However, nothing was that bad. The doors(since I read complaints by other reviewers) DO have locks, in fact our sliding glass door leading to our deck had the safety bar to lock it in addition to the regular lock on the handle, both worked properly.There was not a lock on the screen but it was hot during our stay so we wanted to close the glass door for the AC anyway. As far as privacy; I did not feel like that was an issue at all. Although occasionally people walk by, they can't really see in anyways(we checked by standing outside our door from the deck), I rarely closed my curtains except when sleeping. WE stayed on the first floor and loved the private deck right off our room. I had a cup of coffee there every morning. Simply exquisite view !All we had to do was walk down to the beach, right outside our room!! So close, I could yell to my husband from the deck if I wanted to ask him something. We left our suits on the deck to dry along with other personal property and never worried of theft. You can drink on the beach and coolers are allowed. I suggest you bring your own beach towels as we did. Additionally, if anyone is sensitive to the sun, bring a beach umbrella, the hotel only has a few to lend(free) and they go fast. We ended up buying one(only 20 dollars) at one of the shops in town. The maids to an excellent job of cleaning the room daily and our very polite! You are on the beach and sand in the room is inevitable. However, they did an excellent job of vacuuming thoroughly everyday. Linens were clean and comfortable, lots of pillows and extra blankets were provided and you could always request more if needed. I am very particular of the cleanliness of our bathroom and was pleased upon arrival and throughout our stay. Enough towels were provided daily. The room is not huge but comfortable Along with the king size bed the is a pull out sofa bed. A table with two chairs, a long dresser with six drawers and cabinets that house the microwave and mini fridge.There is a large TV in the room with local channels, no movie channels but we didn't come to watch TV so that was not an issue. Wifi was as I expected, a little slow at times but decent for when I felt like popping on my computer here and there. The room looked exactly like the pictures.We had enough outlets for all our electronics.The bathroom was nicely redone with a large mirror above the sink. The shower was newly tiled and the water pressure in the shower was wonderful! The only thing ours did not have was the stove burners ,they have only a few of those rooms.You cannot request those rooms(we were told) so you may or may not have one, don't count on it. There is only one ice machine for the whole hotel and if I had a complaint, that would be it. Although Gabriel said that that is something they are working on. During the renovations the other one was removed(something about it's location ) due to a fire code. Getting ice for our cooler was strategic. We quickly learned you had to get ice early in the morning or late at night. They did replace the small scooper during our stay with a larger one. Did I mention the view from our room?! I miss it already!! Anyway, Montauk is VERY cash friendly. There are ATM's in town(walking distance from the hotel) but you are charged 3.00 dollars from them and 3 from your bank. Not an extreme amount but better to bring cash. Many of the restaurants ONLY take cash. Some of the shops and restaurants take credit but more are cash only. There is no welcome booklet/guide in the rooms(Gabriel said they will be putting something in shortly that you can scan with your phone that will have all that info at your fingertips) but for now, or if you are not cell phone savvy, you will have to do an internet search to know all that is available to do and for reviews of restaurants in the area because there is nothing in the rooms to assist you. However, the staff in the office can assist too. I brought my mini coffee maker but our room did have one but no coffee packets nor creamer(I brought my own). There is free coffee bar in the office though. The hotel does not they have a restaurant or breakfast bar. There are a few vending machines on the premises but to eat any meals, you have to leave. The good news is, it IS all within walking distance. You never have to move your car from the parking lot for meals and I suggest you don't or you might have a difficult time finding a space when you return. Anyone can and do park in the hotel parking lot. I suggested they give tags to the guest for their cars for that reason, so that others could be towed out. Locals use the lot to park and to go to the beach for the day.. The only time we drove was to go to the lighthouse and for our horseback riding excursion. Otherwise we walked and it was a pleasant experience. Prices for meals were reasonable for a tourist town and the food was good. To name a few restaurants; Anthony's Pancake and Waffle House for breakfast, a Deli shop that served breakfast, a juice bar, Pizza Village, Sausages the Point, The Sloppy Tuna and The Wok and Roll(chinese). All were excellent. We heard from our neighbors that The Harvest has excellent food but they were always booked and you would have to drive there because it is not in the town but they told us the food was amazing. Your allowed bonfires on the beach and can buy wood in the town. A tractor comes through every morning(monday -Friday only) and levels the beach back out.We came to relax and have fun. We did!!! We did not experience any loud rowdy people during our stay. We did NOT hear our neighbors, as other reviewers have stated, through the walls.Our room was very comfortable. There was a diverse group that included couples, families and young adults. Most were respectful. In fact, the only rowdiness came from one family from the next building(there is always one lol) but it was short lived. TIPS: Bring extra Sunscreen and Aloe, that IS expensive in the shops.Bring sweatpants/jeans and hoodies for bonfires at night. CASH!! I would recommend The Montauk Blue Hotel to family and friends! Cannot beat this view!! Thank you to all the staff for making this vacation a pleasant one!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lori P

Dear Guest,
All I have to say is WOW!!! Thank you very much for your accurate and flattering review. It not only compliments us as a hotel, but it is an excellent tool for visitors to the area. Your recommendations and tips are on point.

Thank you for your kind words and thank you very much for offering a comprehensive mini-travel guide for future visitors.

I am looking forward seeing you and your family very soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Renovated and nicely done .. New beds , linens ,rugs and bathroom modern clean design ...
Best part is waking up to the sounds of surf ..
Suggestion of waste basket in main room & mini refrig .not big enough ,things roll out ..
Everything else was well done .. Had a fantastic beach vacation ,location to town can't be beat ! And it's on the beach ..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dmd313
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent visit to Montauk Blue Hotel. We are working in your suggestions and are very happy that you liked our new concept, our new design and our world class amenities.
Please, don't wait until next year to visit us again and feel free to reach me directly.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were pleasantly more than surprised and happy with this hotel! Perfect for a weekend getaway, great amenities in room, loved big balcony and the beach is right there! We couldnt have been happier and cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T8042HHjenniferg
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Montauk Blue Hotel and for being so eager to come back.
Please, reach out to me directly whenever you wish to return. We will make it even better.