“Amazing!!! I couldnt be happier!”
Review of Cauldron

Cauldron
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Description: The Cauldron has been serving the Hudson Valley region for over 30yrs as a Coletta Family business. We offer Home-made pasta, breads, soups & artesian pizza's!!! Daily specails avaiable & Hudson Valley's ONLY Oxygen Bar. On/off site catering avaiable.
“Amazing!!! I couldnt be happier!”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Tonight was my first trip to the cauldron. my friends have recommended this place for years, but i always find myself going to the other restaurants in Montgomery. What a fool I have been!!! I have spent years and money on OK food, when this place is amazing. Dont make the same mistakes I've made check out the cauldron. Everything is homemade, the staff is so sweet and the interior is beautiful. I didnt even feel like I was in Montgomery. I felt like I was in a European Cafe. GO TO THE CAULDRON YOU WILL LOVE IT!

1 Thank bigchompers

Newburgh, NY
“Great homemade food”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I have gone to the cauldron for years, great food, family run. Very intimate and great service. Personal attention, menu changes some with seasons. I have loved this place since the family started it way back in early 1970's. Now 3rd generation has reinvented a lovely, warm and friendly restaurant. The specials are SPECIAL, the summertime home made gelato is a wow and the seafood soups are delicious. They do have all the pizzza and sandwiches for dine in, takeout or delivery as well. This one does it right.
Word of caution-----Every persons palate is different, the sauce here is great, it is what I remember as italian.

• Visited November 2012
Troy, New York
“Fantastic food and friendly service!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Went on a Friday night with a Restaurant.com certificate -- sometimes the participating restaurants are disappointing but this was the opposite -- a pleasant surprise. Very creative combinations of ingredients, presentation is great. Basket of bread included two pieces of focaccia with fresh peppers and other goodies baked in. Friendly wait staff indicated that absolutely everything is homemade - salad dressing, breads, etc. Returned on Saturday for a pizza to takeout (to our hotel). Server recognized us and invited us to eat our pizza in the dining room where we'd be more comfortable! Great again! There's a lot of bad pizza out there, but this was great - good crust, perfect amount of sauce and ingredients. Will return next time we're in town.

• Visited October 2012
Albany, New York
“Fabulous pizza!”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Went to Cauldron on a Saturday night with 2 friends. They had gone the previous night and had a great dinner, so we decided to try the pizza. Ordered large with mushrooms and black olives. These were fresh mushrooms, not canned. Good, thin crust. Edges were crispy - you can tell it is hand tossed. Sauce had good flavor. Plenty of cheese. Definitely NYC style, which I love. For dessert, we shared a pumpkin apple custardy sort of thing - really good, and topped with homemade pumpkin ice cream, over which they sprinkled a bit of cayenne! The desserts aren't on the website, because they make them with seasonally available ingredients. The interior of the place is ok - too many knicknacks for my taste, but clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. I look forward to going again when I'm in the area - definitely worth the drive from Newburgh area. Prices are reasonable - don't judge it by the mediocre exterior of the place. If you like good Italian, this is the place to go!

• Visited October 2012