“Quaint and Picture Perfect”

The Borland B&B & Brunch House
Ranked #1 of 2 Montgomery B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I went to the Borland House to celebrate our one year anniversary and we had such an amazing time, despite the 5-10 inches of snow! Carol and Bill were absolute gems! The location is PERFECT. It was walking distance to a number of antique and specialty shops, as well as, amazing restaurants. We stayed in the Montgomery Room and it was so cozy and nice. My only complaint is that our bathroom was not attached to our room, we had to walk out into the hallway to access it which I did not care for (my husband didn't mind it). Oh and I did not like not being able to control the thermostat. But other than those details it was an amazing place to spend our anniversary, I loved their antique shop in the basement and I would definitely recommend their establishment to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Borland B&B & Brunch House

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Carol and Bill are wonderful hosts-- so honestly caring about their guests and making us feel so special. They gave us great advice, from restaurants to places to visit to shops to find the best of what the area has to offer. Montgomery is a foodies paradise-- both restaurants they recommended were a short block away and perfect. The rooms were charming and ultra clean. The breakfasts were amazing. Tea and warm cookies in the afternoon were the perfect pick me up. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Like a return to an earlier time, the Borland House has made a stay seem like a step back in time. Clean and restored well, with little extras and touches that make it all comfy and friendly. Good, served breakfast. Nice service...even hauling our bags up to the bedroom. The little town is quiet, but with a few good restaurants. Super location near to Hudson Valley and noted art venues....and they will accept a one-night stay!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I were fortunate enough to find a vacancy at this exquisite B&B while researching accommodations for an impromptu trip to view the beautiful Fall foliage in the Hudson River Valley. Bill and Carol were the most gracious of hosts. They welcomed us into their lovely home and made us feel as if it were our own. As an escape from the frenetic pace of New York City, one could not find a more perfect setting. Our room was appointed with a fireplace, lovely antiques, and was immaculate and expansive, while also being cozy . In our room we were pleased to find extra added touches such as locally produced chocolate, port sherry, and warm and luxurious bathrobes. We had our own private bathroom, which was almost as large as our Manhattan apartment. Each morning, we were treated to culinary delights created by our talented hosts, while each night, we would come home to a special treat such as Carol's yummy chocolate brownies. Bill and Carol make a point of getting to know each of their guests making you feel as though you've been friends with them for years. In addition, our helpful hosts would daily assist us in developing an itinerary based on our individual interests. The special care and treatment they provide their guests goes above and beyond what anyone would rightfully expect. My only complaint is that our stay ended much too soon. Thank you, Bill and Carol, for making our stay so special!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This B&B is something special, thanks to Carol and Bill - who were incredibly welcoming hosts. I'd like to echo an earlier review about the quaint touches that made it really special: bathrobes, chocolate, a nightcap of port, the electric fireplace, homemade brownies, and a delicious breakfast. I was looking for a gay-friendly B&B, and am lucky it led me to this place. I'll be back if at all possible in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Took my boyfriend for an overnight trip for his birthday. Borland house was one of the only places I found that would do a one night stay. It was absolutely perfect and my boyfriend loved it. Our room, the Hanlon room, was large, comfy queen size bed. There were many tiny little touches, like bathrobes, chocolates and a glass of port on our arrival. We had a private bath which was spacious and located right next to our room. Our hosts Bill and Carol were extremely friendly and made us feel right at home. They were able to accommodate my request for vegan breakfast ( steel cut oats with fresh fruit and brown sugar ). My boyfriend enjoyed his panko encrusted French toast and we both enjoyed the fresh berries with sorbet to start. Fresh coffee and assortment of teas were also available. Carol gave us easy directions to Mohank Preserve for a day of hiking. Was overall a great stay, would definitely go back and recommend to our friends!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed one night with another couple on our way North along the Hudson River. What a gem of a find! The quaint touches that we found made our stay a unique experience. Bathrobes, chocolate, a complimentary taste of 20 year old port wine, the electric fireplace, and oh, that delicious breakfast! Borland House and it's owners, Carol and Bill truly make your stay very special. We also enjoyed being able to walk to dinner and also explore the town of Montgomery. We will definitely keep this on our list to visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Montgomery room, which was very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montgomery
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#1 of 9 in Middletown
Courtyard by Marriott Middletown

Been to The Borland B&B & Brunch House? Share your experiences!