“Good for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

The trails are well maintained and the lifts are very good. Their magic carpet area is awesome. Very long carpet and a large area to ski in. Staff were nice. Two for one tickets abound on the web and local news paper.

2 Thank whitefaceskiing

New York, New York, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A nice family-oriented place; some things could be improved”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is the 3rd year that we've been going skiing and snowboarding at Holiday Mountain. It's a good place for people to learn the sport - very family-friendly, convenient to get to. I would have given them a 4 or 5 rating if not for the following:
- this season, they've been open for over a month and so far only 1 lift is working (3 slopes to ski!). I understand that there has not been alot of snow so far, but if they managed to get the 3 hills operational, why not some of the rest? All the other resorts in the area have done it
- the prices are equal to what other resorts in the area charge but you get much less for your $$
- the "lodge" could be spruced up just a bit - it is too shabby and drab (never mind the food choices!); I think if you make it better you will attract the non-skiing public (ie parents) and increase the business overall

Visited January 2013
3 Thank ElenaF963
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Holiday mountain is a great place to learn to snowboard and ski. I love going in the summer as well. Everyone is kind. I always have a great time! Highly recommend it !

1 Thank George1467
Pine Bush, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“FUN PARK IS A GREAT TIME”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

I was wary of going to the Holiday Mountain Fun Park, as I had seen reviews about the condition of the place and attitude of the staff. I got a GREAT deal on bracelets though and so I took my two teenage nephews and we had a blast. It was late in the season so there was hardly anyone there and we had the run of the place. Go-Karts were awesome, as was the mini-golf. Only complaint was the indoor bumper cars are kind of weak, better suited for little kids. The place was clean and more modern than I expected and the staff were extremely nice and helpful to us. We'll be back next year!!!

Visited September 2012
New York
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Summer Attractions a Lot Better than Expected. Lots of Fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stopped by Holiday Mountain during a recent camping trip. The reviews of the ski resort here made me worry a bit, but the summer attractions definitely get a big “thumbs up”. The kids really had a lot of fun (my son would give it "50 stars") and the place was generally clean and well run.
It would be helpful if they included details on the wristband offerings on the website, but you can find most of the details on Facebook if you look back in the pictures. There are a few different choices, but the best options are for kids 44" and taller. Wristbands are available every day in the summer except Sunday (which is probably a popular day as the surrounding community is largely Jewish). Also, the wristbands end one hour before the park closes.
The park seemed a bit quiet when we first got there, but that's probably because we showed up not long after the place opened on an overcast Thursday morning. The park filled up a bit during the day but was never particularly crowded, which was great as there were almost no lines for the attractions.
The wristband we got included two rides on the go karts and unlimited bumper cars, bumper boats, Spider Mountain, mini-golf, Choo-Choo Charlie, and fun slide. It also includes the bungee trampoline, but it was closed for repairs. There are also activities for smaller kids (a water play area and an indoor area as well).
Like must summer attractions the park was staffed largely by teenagers but they did a good job of running the attractions and keeping the place safe. The guy running the Go Karts got pretty upset at some of the other drivers but this is only because they were reckless and he got run into once.
The Go Karts here are gas powered (6.5 horsepower on the single rider cars) and can go pretty fast. Not competitive Go Kart fast but exciting for kids. There are single (54" and taller) and double (44" and above can ride along) carts available. The track is nicely laid out and they give you about 5 laps per ride. Although the carts do have bumpers around them no bumping is allowed.
The mini-golf course was another favorite of the kids. It has an abandoned mine theme and was in pretty good condition. It’s not the greatest course I’ve ever seen but it was fun and somewhat challenging.
The bumper boats were the other big hits with kids. You get to float around in what’s essentially a large, motorized inner tube with a water gun. It’s fun to chase each other around and it’s a nice way to cool off on a hot day. Since it wasn’t crowded we able to stay out as long as we wanted to.
Spider Mountain was a combination of a bungee climbing tower with a large inflatable slide. You basically push your way up through a series of elastic straps until your about 25 feet up, then go down the slide. My daughter loved it. You kids will need to be in shape for this one, some of the other kids had some difficulty making it to the top.
The potato slide was fun, although they could probably use some new sacks. Same as the fun slide you’ll find at any carnival. Choo-Choo Charlie is best for younger kids – it’s slow and goes in a loop.
Inside the main building are some arcade games (some of which gave out prize tickets) and the bumper cars. The bumper cars are a newer design (no overhead power grid) and use two levers to control the cars. They have a shark theme. One or two of the cars were out of order, but it didn’t matter as it wasn’t crowded.
Overall this place is probably somewhere between 4 and 5 stars. There's some room for improvement still but I went with 5 stars because the kids had so much fun. We'll definately be back the next time we are in the area.

Visited August 2012