“Small Neighborhood Casino”

Monticello Casino and Raceway
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Convenient entertainment--good way to spend a few hours. Easy to navigate. I found a few machines that pay off consistently--you have to know when to quit. Easier said than done. Know your limits.

1  Thank BeachloverNewYork
"vegas"
in 3 reviews
"trotters"

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is mostly average in taste. The selection is only fair. Tables are close together and it is hard to have any privacy. The bright spot is the wait staff. They are attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

It is nothing like the Empire. Monticello don't give up nothing. They were giving a $5:00 voucher for quite awhile...no more. They need to re-group with their way to attract more people like the Empire, and give up something. It's not worth the trip, and the machines are not paying. And when I'm there I always hear a lot of complaints about the slots not paying off too good. Bad management!!

3  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I love to play slots. We don't go with a lot of money but enjoy ourselves nonetheless. Went back to Monticello after about a year of not attending. I love the fact that the place is non smoking. That is about the only thing I love. The machines were so tight. The bonus was non existent. Now don't get me wrong, I know that it is set up that way, after all the casino needs to make the money, but to spend $50 on a penny slot, playing maximum, and not hitting one bonus round??? Unbelievable. If you do not like Hot Shots or Quick Hits you are in trouble as about 75% of machines consist of this type! The food choices are a food court with sandwiches and pizza and the buffet, which was kind of pricy. We opted to go elsewhere off the premises. Stayed only about 3 hours if that and dropped close to $450!!! I don't think we will return anytime in the near future. The waitress service on the floor was scarce, but the one time we did ask for a soda we did get it within 5 minutes, so that was quick. I think we will stick to the locations in PA for now on.

4  Thank diagar616
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

A group of us were playing and a friend and I went to the bar to get some soda and popcorn since no floor servers were in sight and the male bartender, Kerry, only gave us some of of our order and when we asked him for the rest, he gave us an attitude saying "It's the girls job to get sodas." At this point there was nobody else at the the l bar so we weren't exactly keeping him from anything. He was very rude. It is a rare occasion that I don't tip being, an exbartender, but I expect to be treated with the same respect I give.

4  Thank LvSquirrel