“NO CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Review of Inn at Monticello

Inn at Monticello
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My son and I made plans to visit the Monticello area for the weekend. He was away in Paris (high school trip) and was due to fly in to Boston, Friday noon time in which we were going to leave and head to Monticello, NY. As I’m sure everyone is aware due to the events of the Boston Marathon, my sons plane was delayed it he did not make it home until 10pm Friday night. I called the Econo Lodge Friday morning and told the front desk associate of my situation and requested her to cancel the reservation for Friday night. She stated that I needed to cancel 24 hours prior to check in. I explained my situation again that my sons’ plane was being delayed but it fell on deaf ears. I had asked her to speak with the general manager and she stated she would try to call him and she would call me back. After several hours I called the hotel again and the desk clerk told me that she could not reach him and there was nothing she could do. Again she stated that she would call me once she got in touch with him (the General Manager is also the owner). This morning (Monday) I saw that my card was charge the no show fee. I called the hotel and spoke with another front desk member and he stated there was nothing he could do and stated the policy back to me. He was very unprofessional and rude. I never got a call from the hotel or was able to speak with a manager. If you are looking for a hotel that offers any sort of customer service, this is not the place. After reading the Trip Advisors reviews of this hotel I should consider myself lucky. Options for Hotels are limited in this area but don’t settle for a hotel that will not offer the simplest request...CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BusinessManBoston

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I made a reservation for a one night stay on August 22, 2012. The first thing I did when I came in to the room was to check for bed bugs. When I picked up a mattress, I found a bed bug. I was in the room no more than 10 minutes. I took my bags and went straight to the front desk. After seeing a bad bug I did not want to stay in this hotel. I asked a manager for a refund but was refused. This is a very bad customer experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RomanKL
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at this Hotel on June 30, 2012 (only because there was no other place to go). Hotel staff was pleasant, but the rooms were not fit for a dog to sleep in. The "Kingston Kid" is crazy, clean? NOT by any means. The floors were ready to cave in, the curtains falling off the rods, hair dryers blowing up in my hand. This Hotel needs to be condemned, and to think we paid $169.00. There is nothing in this area...

Room Tip: No tip to give, run, run like the wind...the other way.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank S S
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I had already booked the Econo Lodge before I read the reviews about bed bugs. Was so paranoid about staying there but it was too late to cancel. Our room (222) was very clean. We did a thorough check of the back of the headboard, mattress, bedding and found no bugs. The linens were very clean. Yes, the hotel is old but the lodging choices in Monticello are limited. We had a good night's sleep and have no complaints about the cleanliness.

Room Tip: No pool or playground. Located in the middle of town. Very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed here while attending a concert in Bethel Hills and the management and stay was excellent. The room was clean and great! Yes it is an older hotel but everything is in perfect working condition and we were quite comfortable. Additionally, there had been a problem with our initial room booking selection, and the manager Rob, was accomodating to us and changed our room with little fuss and no increase in price. I see the other reviews are dated. We were there June 30th and it was excellent. It was fully booked at the time of our arrival, so we weren't the only ones who were pleased with these accomodations. Also try the diner across the street; home cooked food at excellent prices with great service!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Dirty, smelly, crappy breakfast, PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE, i've heard reports of bedbugs, thank god our room didn't have them, CONDEM THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, sleep in your car if there are no other rooms available in Montecello
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I would give this place a negative star if possible. Synopsis: DO NOT STAY HERE- THERE ARE BED BUGS, SPECIFICALLY IN ROOM 212. There are also bed bug stains on the sheet in Room 210 (the room we were moved to after we found bed bugs in Room 212). My boyfriend has approximately 60+ bites (perhaps more) and I have about 25+ (with more appearing in the past 2 days- bed bug bites can appear immediately to 14 days after the bites have occurred). Note: I am an extremely clean person (some say I almost have OCD) and my boyfriend is clean as well. We have never experienced bed bugs in our life and was startled to have experienced it. We arrived at the hotel on Friday March 30, 2012 at 10:30AM. We had to ring the doorbell a couple of times before the manager appeared. She checked us in. We went to our room, which seemed pretty comfortable. We immediately unpacked and headed off to the music festival. We returned at 4AM and tried to take a shower. THE SHOWER WATER WAS BROWN! We ran it for a few seconds but it was still brown. We even caught the water with a cup to double check that it was the water and not the tub discoloring it. Yup, it was the water. We called down to the front desk- no answer. So we skipped the shower and went to bed. We woke up at noon and took a shower (water was clear this time). We went out to eat and came back at 2pm to take a nap. We slept from 2pm to 6pm. My boyfriend woke up at 6pm feeling pretty itchy. I saw bites about 30 bites on his back (later we found about 20 more on his feet, eyelid, forehead, cheek, neck, arms, hand, etc). I told him to lift up the sheets and we saw BEDBUGS! Absolutely disgusting. The worst part about this all was not the bites but it was the terrible customer service we received. At first manager only offered us 15% off Sat night (but nothing for Friday night). Then I called again to talk to her and we received 50% off. We asked her to check the next room they gave us for bed bugs but she said maintenance/cleaning staff had left so no one could check. We asked her to check herself but she flat out refused several times so we did a thorough check ourselves. We saw bed bug stain on the sheets in the 2nd room as well but saw no bed bugs. Between dealing with the bed bugs, cleaning up our stuff, bagging whatever clothes could've been contaminated and moving our stuff, we lost 2-3 hrs of going to our event :( We even told the manager that moving to the 2nd room could possibly mean that we would bring bed bugs over but she didn't seem to understand the effect on her business. Later that Saturday night, I noticed bites on myself as well and worried that the 2nd room had bed bugs. Upon research, we noted that bed bugs can take 1 day or 14 days to appear. Manager would not give us a refund for Friday night, which is when we could have techincally could've gotten bitten. Please don't stay here. It is not safe! Manager won't do anything either 'cept give you an additional 15-50% off if you get bed bugs.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah K
Amit P, Manager at Inn at Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

We did not have bed bugs in the hotels as all rooms are newly renovated and in good condition. If there was an issue with bed bug, guest would not stay at our hotel for 3 consecutive nights. Atfer the check out, guest has reported complaint to Health Dept., in result room was inspected by Health Inspector and did not find anyhting. Please kindly remove this review as it's representing false information to other guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Best Western Monticello
#1 of 1 in Wurtsboro
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty

Been to Inn at Monticello? Share your experiences!