“I want to be there now”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“I want to be there now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I know you are reading this because you are hunting down restaurants and interesting sights as you prepare yourself to head out and see the fall foliage. If you happen to be in the New York area and are considering a drive through Westchester, which of course you are, then please do yourself a favor and stop into Conte’s Seafood. It’s a market, it’s a grill, and it’s what you definitely want to do!

I was in love with Conte’s well before eating there because of the many stories my mother would tell me about the amazing and delicious food and fun she would have there upon visiting her dear and life long friend who resides in Bedford Hills. Whenever I visited however, we never managed to make it to Conte’s. This last trip I finally got to go and ate there three times in one week! As soon as the car pulled up to the curb I knew that Conte’s would deliver the experience I was awaiting. The market sits on a corner with red bricks and black awnings. Don’t be surprised if you see, Robbie, the chef and a proprietor, standing out on the stoop as he holds the door open for his local crowd.

Not only can you purchase fresh, amazing fresh, fish during the day time and grab some lunch you can also eat dinner. And you can order take out, unbelievable, fresh food, simply and deliciously prepared available to pick up and eat at home! However, if you eat at home you will miss all the fun. Robbie’s energy and charm will insist that you relax, feel welcomed and enjoy your meal.

As soon as you are seated fresh bread, with crazy good garlic butter, and cole slaw are brought to the table, order wine, ice tea, whatever but recognize that you are beginning to feel relaxed in the intimate and casual environment and will soon enjoy a deliciously prepared meal. I started with the Gazpacho made from fresh tomatoes and bites of perfectly steamed shrimp. Because I dined there three nights I had a nice smattering of the entrees and apps. The grilled shrimp salad is simple but divine, lemon soul, outrageous, soft -shell crab (tried for first time and will be back if only for that!), breaded rockfish, and yum… roasted veggies accompany most entrees! Other diners at the table slurped down mussels and platter after platter of clams on the half shell. Though I had indulged and had had a sufficiency my mother insisted that we order dessert. And, oh my word, I am so glad that we did! I don’t even know what it was but it’s almond, creamy, light fluffy, pure heaven! And… the key lime pie! Both are a must order!

Robbie prepares each dish with care, talking with you and getting to know you, letting you in on his love of life, as he goes. He moves seamlessly between crowd and kitchen. It’s what makes the restaurant and it’s what made me want to go back again and again. In fact, if I didn’t live on a tiny island in the middle of Puget Sound I would be headed there for lunch right now!

Conte’s Seafood
448 E. Main St.
Mt. Kisco, NY

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Paige B

Armonk, New York, United States
“Local "Cheers" and very good seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

As a regular for almost 20 years I still look forward to dining at Conte's Fishmarket in Mt. Kisco.
It's more than great fresh seafood. All of the patrons seem to be having a good time as are the staff. I have never had a meal without a conversation with one or more total strangers or neighbors. For me this adds to the dining experience in an intimate setting locally without pretense. This is my "Cheers".

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Chuck D
Bronxville, New York
“Great food and perfect for a private party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I had a surprise party here for my husband last summer. There were about 20 of us. We used the entire back patio and the owner did a great job of cleaning and setting up for the party. He worked with us to create a custom menu and the food was amazing. I thought the pricing was reasonable (it was much more reasonable than other local restaurants who wanted to charge us double the price). I brought all my own wine and beer and paid a corkage fee instead of having to order single drinks. I love BYOB places. All of my friends loved it and said that they would be returning. I have been back several times since then. It has a very intimate local feel to the place. The fish is super fresh and they offer a nice variety. The menu changes weekly to feature specials but they always keep their staple items available. My favorites are the red snapper, bronzino and striped bass. Contrary to other reviews, I always experience great service and have never felt rushed to leave.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank KristenPenn
New York
“Best seafood you will find in Westchester!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I went to Contes for the first time last night and had an amazing time. We ordered the popcorn shrimp and baked clams to start. For dinner we had the paella and fish tacos. Everything was absolutely amazing. We started talking to the owner Robbie and he told is about the business and how it's been in the family for generations. They get their fish fresh every morning and that's just how it tastes. They also serve wine and beer but I was told you could also bring your own. Not only was the food amazing, but our waitress was fantastic. I will definitely be back soon.

1 Thank rose916
New York
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have had slower meals at Subway. They rush you like crazy here, and really could care less about you. Very insulting place.

Visited April 2012