“We were duped!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)

Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
New York
“We were duped!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I went to this hotel for a valentines day party that a local radio station sponsored. We usually go to this event every year for the past 3 year and this was the worst location they picked! They should have stayed with Double tree Hilton.

We requested a king size bed, we got a room with two beds when we called them to let them know they told us that is what they have we reminded them that we booked this and paid for a King size bedroom. They told us that this was what they have and they are all booked out because of the above event. We were packed into their ballroom like Sardines, Needless to say there was only one chair at the table for us so they got another chair and squeezed it in. The food provided by the Inn was not the best, I have had better!

They booked us knowing that it was the above because they wanted to make money. The staffs were rude, the room was clean, turn off for us was we heard noises in the hallway and to top it off we will never go back there because we definitely know that we will not get what we book! Nothing like the Doubletree Hilton Hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawkinma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Norfolk, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed here 7-24 thru 7-27; unfortunately, I was in town for a funeral. Check in was quick. The staff was friendly and patient with me. I was having a hard time (having lost a loved one) and couldn't seem to find my credit card -- but they waited patiently for me to get them and checked us in. The room was comfortable; I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a microwave or frig--but it was very clean and comfortable. We had breakfast at the hotel one day; it was good but a little expensive ($12.95 per person). There was a bar in the hotel, I didn't go in but it looked very nice.

Overall, our stay was very comfortable. I needed an extra night, and was given one with no problems. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sclark521
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel has been in MT Kisco for many years so wondered what kind of shape it would be in when we made reservation. I was pleasantly surprised that it had been updated and all the furnishings, etc were in pretty good shape. A/C worked fine and had big flat screen TV in the room. Room was toward the back of property so was very quiet and parking was close by and lot well lite. Only thing I would point out is that this is a two story hotel and there is no elevator and stairs to second floor are relatively steep so if one has trouble with stairs it could be an issue. Hotel does have place for breakfast and dinner as well as lounge but did not use. Overall enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Probably best to get room near back away from any front entrance/foyer area
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Funcruzer
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

I am currently still at this hotel, I was enjoying it until I asked the front desk that the pool was extremely dirty, bugs galore, pebbles, and hard stuff all over the ground, it just is not maintained. So the first time no one came then complained again the 2nd day and the hotel cleaning person got the skimmer for 2 minutes thought he did a sufficient job and then left, For a 3 star hotel you better hire a pool company to clean the pool or invest into a creepy crawler, I have been to all the Holiday Inns in south florida from Palm Beach to Lauderdale and they are outside pools also and are much better kept up. I cant use this dirty pool if the Management thinks the solution is to hav a cleaner pick up towels and spends 2 minutes using a skimmer then the pool is not going to get cleaned, There are less bugs in the everglades than this pool
Im downgrading this hotel to a 2 star hotel because I would expect this from a Motel not a Holiday Inn. How many times does a hotel guest have to ask the front desk to have the pool cleaned? then it not be cleaned? Why cant this hotel afford a professional pool cleaner? if its dirty have a cleaner come out and clean the pool not the towel guy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank 85_skill
East Fishkill, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

As others mentioned, it is old hotels I bet too. Usually, holiday inn should be a nice tall building but this one is only two floors.

Bad parts VS good pars:
1) old room but clear
2) thin door but quiet environment
3) free high internet but often down

To sum up, it is OK to stay here, since I like mount kisco, nice ville~~

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HongyiQu
Little Rock, AR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

It's a Holiday Inn, so I didn't expect much and wasn't disappointed. The carpets are dirty, and the bed was below average. No elevator. The bar was nice, and there is an outside area where one can enjoy a drink in pleasant weather. The staff was pleasant enough, and the downtown area is quaint and has plenty of boutique and unique selections of restaurants.

The breakfast buffet was just okay, and the service was average at best.

Free hotel parking and internet, but otherwise a bit high for the value received. Mt Kisco could use another hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ZedHed
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Didn't stay overnight at the hotel, but attended a banquet there for my son's swim team. Banquet room was nice, food was good and the hotel looked clean and presentable. Bathrooms were maintained nicely. What made it extra special for me was when I walked into the bar/night club called Teddy's and saw...gasp!......Captain Lawrence on tap. CL is a local brewery, but it's unusual for it to be on tap at a chain hotel bar. And $5 a pint.....happiness.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Inn on the Hudson
Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!